Author Topic: Peace of Mind  (Read 2733 times)

Offline Heavy G

• Distorting the Space-Time Continuum
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • A misfit ant in a grasshopper world.
    • 299 Days
Peace of Mind
« on: November 04, 2008, 03:48:21 PM »
Today was the final step in several months of working on my survival plan.

Wow.  I have such peace of mind now because I feel pretty well prepared. 

I just dropped off a bunch of food at my bug out pad.  I hadn't been there in a while.  It's even better than I remembered it.  I've learned so much about survival that now, with the knowledge I have, I can see tons of great features about the bug out pad that I never noticed.  I feel EVEN BETTER about my state of preparedness.  This place, this stuff, and the people around me will be a lifesaver (literally) if things go nuts.

I encourage all of you out there to keep going, to save your money, to get the stuff, and (very importantly) to make the relationships you need with other people who can help you (and vice versa).  Keep doing it.  There's nothing like this sense of "we'll be OK" especially when you see what's going on all around you.

Thanks Jack and all of you guys.   The encouragement and knowledge has been great. 

If you've had a similar experience, I encourage you to reply to this and let others know.

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • #ImissAmerica
    • Journey to Greener Pastures
Re: Peace of Mind
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 03:52:51 PM »
Excellent HeavyG!
Hopefully I can get to that happy place soon-ish.

SueDonim

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 04:18:25 PM »
Congrats Heavy G.  I hope to get there someday.

+1 to you for being an inspiration to us all.

Also, you now have time to work on that rap career (to go with your name).

Peace out

millerized1

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 04:30:09 PM »
To an extent, I see it every time I go back home to PA.  I used to see it as the LAST place I wanted to spend my life.  Since Y2K, it's gotten to be "Damn.....what can I come up with to move back home and make enough money to live". Forest, water, fields, our family farm and surrounded by family run farms. Then the phone rang, it was someone you wanted to talk to, the folks that knocked on the door were folks that didn't have to knock to enter.  The Grange Fair was a yearly event that brought the entire community together after harvest, the ice cream socials did the same in the spring, and the Square Dances did it in the winter.
What the hell was I thinking leaving.

Slowfade

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 03:54:05 AM »
Thanks, that was inspiring  :)
You're right about people/places like this helping immensely.
I'm also feeling a great sense of peace, and I'm so far away from the point you're at it's not even funny. But my peace is that I've done as much as I can...that at least I didn't sit on my backside and do nothing. There's a certain sense of accomplishment in that alone. As for a place to bug out to, I'm shooting for my brother's farm in KY (he's already extended an invite, so it's all good). It's really beautiful there.

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 05:41:51 AM »
Good job Heavy G.  +1 for being an inspiration.

We're not quite there yet, don't know if we ever will be.  It's something to keep striving for though & thanks for the little push.

Lucretius

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 08:00:24 AM »
+1. That's the goal.

After a couple of years of prepping, people around you start to depend on your prepping. They tend to just suppose you EDC just about everything that could come in handy, and this can become quite stressful... :(
In the same way, you can get really stressed out by your own preps - like when you run out of something critical (like salt, or oil), and reflect on what that little incident could've meant in a critical situation.
I'm convinced though, that with experience and patience, you can be aware of the risks around us while being totally confident in your preparedness! 8)