Author Topic: making a binder for when systems go down  (Read 1627 times)

sarahluker

making a binder for when systems go down
« on: August 16, 2009, 05:33:35 PM »
Being fairly new to the forum, I may be bringing up a subject that has been covered.  If so ignore this.  That said, I am making a binder with copies of all the info I love and will need from the web and using page protectors to keep them safe.  The ink is a little expensive, but the benefits will be worth it if one day I cant access the internet.  I have all types of catagories in there.  I dont know, I guess it feels sort of like cheap insurance.

Offline donaldj

• Dedicated Contributor
    • Keep and Bear, LLC
Re: making a binder for when systems go down
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 05:45:32 PM »
I have a bunch of stuff on my To Be Printed list, too. 

I agree hard copy is best, and have an area in my basement bookshelf already set aside for stuff.

The bummer is all the How To's on YouTube that cannot be printed out in a meaningful way. To get around this, I started with printed material, by finding a goos PDF reference, web posting, etc, print it single sided, then as I learn Tips N Tricks pertaining to that subject from a YouTube video, I add my notes in pen on the blank side across from it.

Printing IS expensive. I try to limit myself to 20 pages a day at work to stay under the radar.  =)

D

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • Wanna have an adventure?
    • WilderWolf
Re: making a binder for when systems go down
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 06:26:47 PM »
Yes, a hard copy of all the things you need/want is a fantastic idea!  I keep saying, "I need to print out all of these recipes, and how-tos.  I need to print out all of these knitting patterns.  I need to print out..." and so on.  :)  But it's true, I do need to print them out.  Like tonight.  Thank you for the inspiration.  +1!