Poll

Which Subjects Do you Vote For in for TSP Tuesday Show on September 1, 8, 15, 22 and 29

Fun, Training and Family Time With Airsoft Guns
138 (10%)
From Zero to 2900FSP - Handloading for the Newbie
107 (7.7%)
Building a Business on Public Resources (Fishing/Hunting Guide, Foraging, Public Services, etc)
114 (8.2%)
Growing Up In The Woods - My Story from the Florida Swamps to the PA Coal Region
129 (9.3%)
Selling Your House in Any Market Under Any Cirumstances
125 (9%)
Are We the Last Free Generation - Future Generations and Voluntary Servitude
181 (13.1%)
Dealing with Predators on the Homestead
140 (10.1%)
You Might Be An Anarchist If
171 (12.3%)
The Weber Kettle Grill - Things You Never Knew it Could Do
100 (7.2%)
The Truth About Money
180 (13%)

Total Members Voted: 325

Voting closed: August 31, 2016, 10:58:03 AM

Author Topic: Choose the Tuesday Shows for Sept. 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th  (Read 9051 times)

Offline ModernSurvival

• Just a Desperado Under The Eaves
  • Administrator
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Liberty is precious, fight to keep it!
    • The Survival Podcast
We are going to continue the change your vote option you can vote and change your vote all the way up till August 31st. 

Remember this thread is also where to suggest new topics for October's poll, a few on this list are from last month's suggestions.

You can and should vote for up to 5 of the 10 topics, the top 50% will be featured in September's Tuesday Podcasts.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Survivor
  • Wrong is what I do best.
Re: Choose the Tuesday Shows for Sept. 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 04:36:50 PM »
I'd like to hear an economic podcast.  Kind of a "Jack's Thoughts on what 2017 Holds" or something like that?

Offline ModernSurvival

• Administrator
  • Survival Demonstrator
    • The Survival Podcast
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 04:49:56 PM »
Tyler I know many people use that screen name but you are not the zerohedge writer are you?   ;)

Offline DrGreg

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 10:16:58 PM »
I'd like to hear about preparing for kids to leave home. Personally, my daughter is going back to college. This could easily be expanded to: leaving for summer camp, moving away for first job, moving into first apartment/home, car kit for new drivers,etc. Any sudden/specific change in degree of freedom/independence.

Offline hopefulsurvivalist

• Prepper
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 10:35:31 PM »
What I want to hear is a show on long-term food prepping beyond immediate family. How to have bulk, cheap, decently good food for 10 or so people for a month or two.

My dream is to see us (and people around me) all have food, water etc. not only for our households but for 10 people who we would want to take care of in some disaster. Imagine the resilience!

Offline higginbo

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2016, 06:01:03 AM »
Jack, I'd love to hear a "roadmap" for finances with your thoughts on balancing things like emergency fund, preps (food, battery bank, etc), investments, precious metal purchases, etc. You could take a medium income, and someone just starting out (I think a young person at their first job, and a middle aged person who's just woken up and has no net worth would be similar in this case). Anyway, just your thoughts on how to balance/prioritize all those different uses for your money. 

Offline Tyler Durden

• Survivor
  • Wrong is what I do best.
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2016, 07:52:53 AM »
Tyler I know many people use that screen name but you are not the zerohedge writer are you?   ;)
Haha!  Nope. Not one of the Tylers.  Had it here before I discovered ZeroHedge (and got hooked on it) thanks to some other forum members here.

Jack, I'd love to hear a "roadmap" for finances with your thoughts on balancing things like emergency fund, preps (food, battery bank, etc), investments, precious metal purchases, etc. You could take a medium income, and someone just starting out (I think a young person at their first job, and a middle aged person who's just woken up and has no net worth would be similar in this case). Anyway, just your thoughts on how to balance/prioritize all those different uses for your money. 
I like this idea too!

Offline Sasquatch161

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2016, 04:28:18 PM »
I hope the Air-soft training episode is chosen this time. I bought one that is an exact match for my pistol and also one that matches my MSR and I have to say for trigger time just going in the back yard when we don't have time to go to the range is great. Both of my kids like shooting both my pistol and MSR versions of my guns. Since buying them my families accuracy with has improved tremendously. I would just like to get some more ideas for training.

Offline Ms. Albatross

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2016, 04:33:28 PM »
I hope the Air-soft training episode is chosen this time.

I would just like to get some more ideas for training.

Ditto

Offline Timothy

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2016, 05:56:42 AM »
What I want to hear is a show on long-term food prepping beyond immediate family. How to have bulk, cheap, decently good food for 10 or so people for a month or two.

That's easy, what ever you have in your pantry, just buy ten times as much. Seriously, if all your looking for is a month or two worth of food, canned goods last for years. My local grocery stores run ten dollars for ten cans, sales all the time. After every meal you have during the week, write down each ingredient per meal, and there's you shopping list. Expand that for a month, and you're not looking at a trailer truck worth of food, just an extra couple of shelfs worth. Don't forget to rotate the stock.

Offline Ranger Dave

• Survivor
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2016, 07:14:13 AM »
AIRSOFT PLEASE[/color][/size][/b]

Offline seachange

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2016, 10:38:07 AM »
+1 for Airsoft
Hoping for more Handloading for the Newbie votes. I'm overwhelmed by equipment I have inherited and really want to take care of it and put it to good use.

Offline Smurf Hunter

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2016, 11:45:28 AM »
+1 for Airsoft
Hoping for more Handloading for the Newbie votes. I'm overwhelmed by equipment I have inherited and really want to take care of it and put it to good use.

There are some great intro to hand loading episodes. 

Hint:  start with straight walled pistol cartridges first, on a single stage press.  Jumping into complex progressive presses is almost always the wrong move for a beginner.  Besides you'll always need a single stage for special stuff in the future.

Sorry to digress, but welcome to the forum.

Offline ModernSurvival

• Administrator
  • Survival Demonstrator
    • The Survival Podcast
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2016, 12:06:16 PM »
I hope the Air-soft training episode is chosen this time. I bought one that is an exact match for my pistol and also one that matches my MSR and I have to say for trigger time just going in the back yard when we don't have time to go to the range is great. Both of my kids like shooting both my pistol and MSR versions of my guns. Since buying them my families accuracy with has improved tremendously. I would just like to get some more ideas for training.

What did you buy?  Model maker etc?

Offline CopperKnight

• Survivor
  • A protective shell is sometimes open space.
    • Survival WWYD
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2016, 11:12:43 AM »
I'd love to have an episode on additional uses of small farmstead animals. 

I'm currently reading Sepp Holzer's Permaculture and hadn't clicked before to use pigs as shallow rototillers. 

Everyone knows about cats for rodent control and dogs for security.  Some know about chickens for compost processing, ducks for sealing leaky ponds, and goats for clearing overgrown land.  What are some ways to manage these or other animals to get them to work for you in less commonly thought of ways?

Offline SpareMag

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2016, 08:58:20 AM »
I would love to hear Growing Up In The Woods - My Story from the Florida Swamps to the PA Coal Region I bet Jack has some great stories.  May not be a "clinic" on a specific topic but expect it would be enriching nonetheless.

Offline royramey

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2016, 09:45:27 PM »
I would like to see the following back in the poll for next month.  Building a business on public resources,  Selling a house anytime, and the Webber Kettle Grill.  Thanks.

Offline CagedFeral

• Survivor
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2016, 03:54:14 AM »
I'd love to have a show on rain barrels.

Offline DWESmith

• Prepper
  • GSD at my own pace.
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2016, 03:35:24 PM »
How about a show on what you'd want in a forever home, from a homestead/multigenerational/survivalist perspective?  Construction, layout, materials, and position in the landscape. Energy efficiency should be one of the key parts of this topic. Possibly put an off grid spin on things.