Author Topic: Suprise Bug Out in Texas  (Read 1554 times)

Offline Halffast

• Prepper
Suprise Bug Out in Texas
« on: March 30, 2009, 10:49:02 AM »
This is something a few of us are organizing in Texas.  The premise is that you get the call that the S is fixing to HTF and you have to Get Out Of Dodge right now.  You load up the kids, dogs, and your BOB's as quickly as possible and navigate to a safe place to meet with other like-minded individuals.

This is really just a drill/contest to hopefully help everyone if case they really did have to bug out at a moments notice.  I'm asking everyone to send me the weekends they can do this between April 17, 18, & 19 and June 12, 13, & 14.  Also send me an address close to where you live and a contact number.  The weekend where the most people can make it will be selected.  It will NOT be Memorial Day Weekend.

When you get the call, your time will start and everyone will be judged by how long MapQuest says it should take to get there.  We will compare what everyone brought with them and perhaps have some other survival related challenges.

Here is the link to the original thread. http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=10&f=17&t=621017

I hope that many of you will participate.  If you can't come, I would still be happy to call you and you could practice just loading up.  Please email or IM me your info if you'd like to join in.  Thanks.

David

Offline eph2

• Survivor
Re: Suprise Bug Out in Texas
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 02:18:22 PM »
I'm too far to come, but please take pictures and maybe some video to post for the rest of us.  Sounds like a blast!

Sandman

Re: Suprise Bug Out in Texas
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 04:23:53 AM »
Hopefully, the destination would not be in the panhandle or Big Bend National Park, lol.