Author Topic: G.I. multi fuel Coleman stove no. 530  (Read 5943 times)

Offline Ultio1

• Survivalist Mentor
G.I. multi fuel Coleman stove no. 530
« on: January 03, 2009, 10:22:44 AM »
I got this from an old Gypsy guy I met about 5 years back. He sold me this stove for $15. It all fits together including 2 cooking pots  and is pretty much indestructible when its put up. It runs on pretty much anything flammable although white fuel seems to work best. It is in my B.O.B.  It weighs about 2 or 3 pounds. I love it and highly recommend one to anyone who has the opportunity to pick one up. It is WW II issue however and might not be easy to find. It is one of my favorite pieces of survival gear.

Its even got the original diffuser plate

Offline Dirt Rider 3006

• Senior Survivalist
Re: G.I. multi fuel Coleman stove no. 530
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 10:43:29 AM »
Watch yourself Ultio1.... That's the same stove that got Kovak killed in "To Hell And Back".

Great deal on that....    :)

Offline Ultio1

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 10:48:06 AM »
Lol.
I wont be stopping for coffee.

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 12:12:49 PM »
Cool piece of kit.  I love vintage stuff like that, especially when it's still in usable condition.

Offline Nate

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Rookie Registered Nurse
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 09:31:55 PM »
Watch yourself Ultio1.... That's the same stove that got Kovak killed in "To Hell And Back".

LOL!!  I watched that movie over and over as a kid.  I was just in a surplus store today.  They had one of these for $69.95 NEW.  I am not sure if it is a remake or a new original from WWII.  It looks similar to this one.  Sportsmans guide had them, I think, for $149.95 recently.

Offline Ultio1

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 07:38:38 AM »

LOL!!  I watched that movie over and over as a kid.  I was just in a surplus store today.  They had one of these for $69.95 NEW.  I am not sure if it is a remake or a new original from WWII.  It looks similar to this one.  Sportsmans guide had them, I think, for $149.95 recently.

SWEET DEAL!
 I would buy another right now. I love mine.