Author Topic: Lighting during an emergency  (Read 15627 times)

Offline ColdHaven

• Coldylocks
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • How about a scary crow little fire?
Re: Lighting during an emergency
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2008, 10:32:43 AM »
Let me throw another thought into this thread....

Learn to maneuver around your home in the dark without a light.   There may be occasions where you dont want to use any lighting.  A couple of situations I can think of are:

1. You have an intruder in your home and you dont want to give away your position.   
2. You are in an area that has a forced evacuation and you decide to stay and dont want to give yourself away.
3. You find yourself in the dark because of a sudden power outage

Turn off all the lights and practice.  Its not as easy as you think if you have not done it.  Be sure to wear some shoes!  It hurts to hit those toes!

Thats a good idea. Thats why my shoes are close to my bed. Don't want to go around the house like Bruce Willis.  :D

Offline CTF250

• Survivalist Mentor
  • OATH KEEPER
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2008, 03:29:13 PM »
For what its worth, Cylume is offering 6 inch cylume sticks in your choice of colors for $66/100.
There long lasting 12 hour use and very bright.  I have a bunch stored all over the place, cars, house etc.  Very handy to use in a short term power outage to illuminate the hallway, and kitchen.  Just hang them off the ceiling light! 

They save battery usage and light up a dark room pretty good.  Most stores sell them for $2 or 3.00 for a pack of two.  This per case price is worth the long range use.

Cylume technologies 888-858-7881 
www.cylume.com

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • #ImissAmerica
    • Journey to Greener Pastures
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2008, 04:59:56 PM »
Great tip CTF250! Thanks!