Finance and Economics > Investing and Saving

Safest Place to Park Your Cash

(1/3) > >>

Stein:
First, there is no "midnight gardening discussed", only bank type options.  That said, this is a good article for anybody trying to figure out what the different choices available are and what the pros and cons are.  If you are keeping money in the system, this pretty much outlines your options outside the stock market.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Safe-places-to-park-your-brn-13816212.html

Gas-Mask:
GOLD!!!!!  GOLD!!! GOLD!!

WELL NOT ALL BUT SOME....

You need to diversify...

rumors of a formal devaluation of the dollar....  savers will loose!

But don't take my word for it...  read up on the subject, that way you can make your own personal decisions based on your individual needs.

BerserkerPrime:
Question:  What kind of gold do you buy that you'd be able to use in a "crisis"? Where do I go and what am I looking for?  Specific  coins, bars, nuggets? 

Berserker Prime

Pokethis:
If you are prone to watching things pretty closely - I'm parking my cash in Swiss Francs.  I'm up 13% in two weeks.  As long as the dollar is weakening,  just have to watch for when it starts to strengthen.

Stein:

--- Quote from: BerserkerPrime on December 30, 2008, 10:31:08 AM ---Question:  What kind of gold do you buy that you'd be able to use in a "crisis"? Where do I go and what am I looking for?  Specific  coins, bars, nuggets? 

Berserker Prime

--- End quote ---

Well, for starters drop bars and nuggets, way to hard to assay even in good times (determine how much gold is there).  Second, figure out what you want to be able to do with it during a crisis.  Do you want to use it as a store of value or do you think you will want to trade for stuff like food and guns?

For the former, I would buy Gold Eagles or Krugerrands, for the latter I would buy food and guns.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version