Author Topic: Amazing Email from Iraq  (Read 9494 times)

Offline ModernSurvival

• Just a Desperado Under The Eaves
  • Administrator
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Liberty is precious, fight to keep it!
    • The Survival Podcast
Amazing Email from Iraq
« on: January 05, 2010, 09:43:28 AM »
This was one of the most moving emails I have ever received.  I read part of it on the air today and I really simply could not read the entire thing, it was to emotional.  I never expected the message of TSP to reach this far across this many cultural boundaries.   I guess this is why the Chinese censor the internet?

---------begin message (sensitive info removed)---------------

Hello Jack:

David xxxxx here... a loyal listener, and Brigade member... originally from the farm lands of Southern N.J., a.k.a.  Ha Ha Ha.  "the Garden State", so they dare say. And Thanks to You, my wife and I will this year will reside in the rural Western hills of North Carolina on a nice 5.2 acre location which we will turn into paradise.

At this time I am currently in xxxxx, Iraq. in the epicenter of xxxx territory.  I am a civilian contractor, a Project manager, for an Iraqi formed company who has been awarded many contacts from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to build new  construction and/or re-build all that was destroyed here due to the war.

I am the only Caucasian male in the midst of 600 Iraqi workers, in an isolated area in xxxxx Provence, where we look to the East at the mountains of Iran.  With field glasses we take turns watching the Iranians looking at us with their field glasses wondering what we will do next or who will attack or assault who first.

NOW the great thing and the purpose for my email ... is You and the T.S.P.. which via satellite, I have an Internet connection and listen to you each day, and when there is no show I go back and listen to every podcast you have in archives. As you can imagine being here is a hard life the work is hard, seven days a week  usually 12 - 14 hours per day. No days off, only occasionally a Muslim or Iraqi holiday...so... in the midst of that, you and T.S.P. keep me going.  

I have been a "self sufficiency - back seat driver" since I read my first issue of The Mother Earth News, when John and Jane Shuttleworth put out their first issue in January 1970.  From there Stewart Brand and the Whole Earth Catalog and of course Co Evolution Quarterly.... with each issue that came out.   Now I am in 4 Wheel Drive moving towards "self sufficiency" ... my whole energy level has  been raised and my life is now absent of the suburban lethargy that has been my self imposed disease of ignorance and lack of responsibility for my own direction in life.

Now the interesting part.... You have an Iraqi fan club audience now.  When I listen to the podcasts, I have about 22 or so Iraqi citizens sitting with me who understand enough English to appreciate your messages.  After the pod cast they ask questions, discuss the concepts and applications and are absorbing  your messages as fast as they can listen to them. After we are done, they then spread the word to their Iraqi brethren and families when they return home they spread the word even farther.

They are now taking "action" to be more self sufficient and empowering than ever before. Jack, you have done something here that is helping to heal a very emotionally and  psychologically damaged population here in Iraq.  You give them hope, strength, knowledge, and the ability to look through and past the indoctrination of bad politics that has been their reality for almost two very sad generations now.  You are the genesis of a healing that will continue to grow, because the people here spread "good news" and ideas like you can not imagine.

Their actions, farming, permaculture, their purchases and mail order items are now becoming more and more focused on self sufficiency and with the undercurrent of empowering themselves instead of looking at a broken government to provide for them.   Jack, you are making history  here in the Middle East.  

So, from our little camp here at F.O.B. xxxxx, in xxxx a few hundred Iraqi's and I thank you in the most genuine way possible.... in that we are grateful for your messages and we will continue to spread the word and support your works.

Jack, One day I hope to shake your hand, possibly at one of the big events, which I will no doubt attend. Reborn and Revived from Lethargy, Social Impotence and Ignorance ...and eternally thankful!

For now.... Salaam Alaikum - peace be with you.   David xxxxxxx

P.S.  Just a couple of photos of the men at work.  A good part of the day we talk amongst ourselves about the podcast.... many days that helps get us thru the day to finish the work.  Hope empowers !

Pictures

-------------end email-----------------

I have to say this is pretty amazing and quite humbling.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 10:12:16 AM by Roknrandy »

Offline Greywolf27

• Chief Kitty Petter
  • Survival Demonstrator
Re: Amazing Email from Iraq
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 10:23:16 AM »
WOW!!!!!
Good on ya Jack!!!!  The new international sensation!!!!  Helping EVERYONE live that better life, if times get tough, or even if they don't!!!

Offline survivininct

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Homeowner's Friend Podcast
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 10:35:26 AM »
TSP - Internationally acclaimed!   :D

Offline donaldj

• Dedicated Contributor
    • Keep and Bear, LLC
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 10:40:49 AM »
And it makes perfect sense...

We worry about what our government and economy are becoming. We bemoan the further intrusion of a central government in our every day lives.

These people have lived it!

I say, the fact that they are listening, absorbing, and taking this message to heart is yet another lesson for us Westerners and Americans. If these folks who have lived that mess see its Wisdom, we should too! The only difference is ours is "preventative" and theirs is "rebuilding".

D

Offline Old Viking

• Prepper
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 11:03:50 AM »
Jack,

After reading the posting, I can understand why you weren't able to finish reading it on the show. It's amazing how your shows are crossing cultural lines and helping people to live a better life. Keep up the great work.

Offline Morning Sunshine

• Geese Smuggling Moonbat
  • Survival Veteran
  • There are no mistakes, just Learning Experiences
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 11:18:43 AM »
wow - amazing!!!  great job!

and for David - my thanks and appreciation for your service.

Hare of Caerbannog

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 11:54:38 AM »
This is so encouraging!
Thanks for sharing this Jack.

Offline “Mark”

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Freedom lovin' Canadian
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 11:59:36 AM »
They are now taking "action" to be more self sufficient and empowering than ever before. Jack, you have done something here that is helping to heal a very emotionally and  psychologically damaged population here in Iraq.  You give them hope, strength, knowledge, and the ability to look through and past the indoctrination of bad politics that has been their reality for almost two very sad generations now.  You are the genesis of a healing that will continue to grow, because the people here spread "good news" and ideas like you can not imagine.

Their actions, farming, permaculture, their purchases and mail order items are now becoming more and more focused on self sufficiency and with the undercurrent of empowering themselves instead of looking at a broken government to provide for them.   Jack, you are making history  here in the Middle East.

This is how to stop wars and build peace. Not with bombs.

Offline inthego

• Survivalist Mentor
  • No man is free who is not master of himself..
    • My Biz web site
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 12:07:13 PM »
All I can say is awesome.  Not all worthy revolutions are fought with guns some are fought with MP3s.  I am excited to be a part of this, if even in the smallest way. 

Offline GotFurryKids

• Prepper
    • Smith & Werder, Inc
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2010, 12:08:34 PM »
It always amazes me what good people can accomplish through the power of the internet.

Your doing a fantastic job Jack.

David, thanks for your service.

Offline Bad_Synergy

• Survivor
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2010, 12:50:12 PM »
Wow, that was moving! 

It goes to show you how much the message of TSP universally applies to everyone, because it taps into the heart of the human condition, which just wants to be free, safe and secure to live a better life.  I find this to be profoundly hopeful; and can’t help appreciate even further how much your message, Jack, is one of hope. 

This is part of what makes me another thankful listener.

and for David - my thanks and appreciation for your service.

I second that!

David, I know that people like you make Jack proud, and are surely part of what drives him to do what he does.

Thank You

Offline Artos

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Ride life bareback
    • CPT Caveman's Cave
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2010, 02:10:24 PM »
Truly awsome!

The whole Eastern border or Iraq used to be a bread basket.  There is plenty of water in most places for some awsome permaculture coming off the Hindu Kush mountains in Iran. 

The Iraqi's are like everybody else.  The vast majority just want to be left alone to raise their crops and flocks and kids the way they see fit.

David, if you read this, keep up the good work.  Drop me a line, if your near KMTB I just got back from there and would love an update on some of my best Iraqi buddies.  If there is anything you need, let us know.

Caveman

Offline Heavy G

• Distorting the Space-Time Continuum
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • A misfit ant in a grasshopper world.
    • 299 Days
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2010, 02:40:00 PM »
Common sense and the truth attracts listeners no matter where in the world they are. 

Very cool, Jack.

Offline Pathfinder

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2010, 02:40:28 PM »
What a cool email. Seems like self-sufficiency is an international concept. And how wonderful that the Iraqis rebuilding their own country can receive some non-military guidance and direction from some of our folks who know - both over there and here.

Offline BIG-TARGET

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Open the cage and let the tigers out!!!
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2010, 03:36:22 PM »
Jack!

Be proud of yourself!!!  If the Iraqis "GET IT", everyone else in the world can!! ;)

Offline Spyder

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2010, 09:22:48 PM »
Way to go Jack!!!  David great post.  You guys are awesome.

Offline Hector500NC

• Prepper
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2010, 09:29:23 PM »
Jack, that was an awesome podcast today, as is everyday!  During my time in the Army, I spent time in Safwan, Iraq, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia.  When I was there in Southern Iraq, the conditions were horrible, but in general the people were hanging on to a shred of hope.  It warms my heart that there are guys like David over there sharing the message of freedom and independence by way of TSP.  I have always believed that no matter what ones cultural, political, religious, racial, geographical etc...differences are, we all want the same things.  This email was a salute to you that you truly deserve and I am glad you are running the TSP full time now!  I will be joining the MSB this week.  Take care and thank you for providing this medium that is stretching across the world!  Before you know it...you will probably hear that there are people in China, Russia, Cuba and every else listening to your podcasts.  Please let us know when you get emails from them and the impact your podcast is having.  Godspeed Brother!

-Hector 500 in NC    

Offline spatin

• Prepper
  • likes FALs
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2010, 10:50:29 PM »
Self-sufficiency should be and has been an international concept.
Thanks to Jack Spirko for getting word out so it reaches the sands of Iraq.
Sidney

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2010, 10:11:27 AM »
The message is such a universal one, that I'm sure it was inevitable it carried over to far away lands.  

Jack and David both should be commended for their parts in spreading such concepts to those who need The Word the most. You're both tools for the greater good.

**pats them both on the back** ;)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 01:22:14 PM by DeltaEchoVictor »

Browncoat

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2010, 12:24:51 PM »
Self-sufficiency should be and has been an international concept.

It's not an international concept, it's human nature and that's why it's so universal.  Common sense knows no borders.

Offline Bill2e

• Survivor
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2010, 08:04:59 AM »
WOW that is as an amazing e-mail 

Offline Crispy Critter

• Survivor
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2010, 11:03:38 AM »
This message is for David in Iraq, and anyone else who finds him or herself far removed from familiar surroundings and faces:

I thank each and every one of you and your family members for your sacrifices. I have not had the privilege to serve my country in the armed forces, but I do have the distinct pleasure of working with quite a few retired marines and sailors who have earned my highest respect across the board. Your health and well being is foremost in my thoughts when I stop to give daily thanks. It is my sincere hope that you find yourself home, surrounded by those who mean the world to you before long. Persevere, my brothers and sisters.

You are not alone. Your feelings of isolation are certainly understandable...but you DO have dry land under your feet.
Expecting the worst from moment to moment is no way to live. That's why it heartens me deeply to read about the community you are building in Iraq.
I'm sure you understand, your letter to Jack conveyed much compassion and empathy as well as a sense of determination that comes all too easily in situations where you have little control over your surroundings. My experiences as a civilian sailor have opened my eyes to potential calamities offshore that have only helped to motivate my preps at home. When you are 10,000 miles away from home in contested territorial waters between Vietnam and Philippines, and an ocean-going tug appears from nowhere and harasses your vessel for 8 hours without any hope for assistance...you learn that life is a thin thread indeed. Make the most of what you have. Your experiences will only make you a better person and make for interesting stories for your grandchildren.

Be well!

Offline Embershot

• Prepper
  • Good artists copy; great atrists steal. - Pablo Pi
    • America 1st Arms
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2010, 05:20:07 PM »
Kick ass Jack. Keep it up.