Author Topic: North Carolina Roll Call!  (Read 11106 times)

Offline ncjeeper

• Most Noble Order of the Garter Snake
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Oooops!
Re: North Carolina Roll Call!
« Reply #390 on: January 27, 2015, 08:59:09 PM »
ncjeeper, you think your friend could help me with property around Vale?
I would think so.

Offline plumber4200

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #391 on: March 22, 2015, 07:22:15 AM »
Hi, new to the forum.  I live in Garner NC, just outside Raleigh.  Originally from central Illinois farm country.  Been in NC for 17 years running my plumbing company.  Lot of red clay on these boots and jeans, practically a native now.  :)

Listening to TSP since late 2009.  Have never been huge forum guy, just some plumbing and construction forums so I am a little green on how to use this thing.  Interested in knowing if there are any TSP listeners in the Triangle area from Hillsborough to Selma, Sanford to Henderson geographic area. 

I am libertarian/anarchist, capitalist, agnostic/deist (not against christianity), pro gun, pro silver, gold, bitcoin, entrepreneur, somewhat nerdy as far as reading alot. Still more of a conservative although I no longer vote republican.

More of an all over preparedness person. Middle 40's.  I have food stores/water, a few firearms, learning about permaculture, very aware politically and yet don't vote anymore, very tolerant of peaceful religions, not tolerant of violent religions, pretty much a  you don't mess with me, I don't mess with you type of guy that wants individual liberty for everyone even if i don't totally like your position.  I have never done drugs besides beer, but I thing they should be legal.  Pro gay marriage, but I dont really like seeing two guys kissing.  Then again when I see two young hetero kids making out i want them to go get a room as well. ;)

I enjoy computers, weightlifting, working on construction projects, reading sci fi and fantasy novels but I read alot of non fiction as well.    I am stocky but workout alot but my wife is just too good of a cook!  I am a licensed plumbing contractor in NC.

Hope to find some like minded individuals in the area!  Thanks, plumber4200!

Offline SomeOlddMan

• Survivor
  • Engineering a sustainable lifestyle
« Reply #392 on: March 22, 2015, 05:11:44 PM »
Hi Plumber,

I'm up the road in Cary.  There are quite a few of us in the Raleigh/Durham area who listen to Jack at least occasionally.  Several groups in the area, including a few meetups that get together on a semi-regular basis.

Offline christphrmurray

• Senior Survivalist
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #393 on: March 22, 2015, 10:33:00 PM »
Anyone in NC ever seen a Osage orange tree growing here?  I never have and would love any hints where some grow.  Trying to get seeds from old fruit.

Offline plumber4200

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #394 on: March 24, 2015, 05:56:46 PM »
Hi Plumber,

I'm up the road in Cary.  There are quite a few of us in the Raleigh/Durham area who listen to Jack at least occasionally.  Several groups in the area, including a few meetups that get together on a semi-regular basis.

Thanks for the heads up Gardener!  Did you find the groups off of the forum or from meetups the website?   I would enjoy getting together with some like minded people occasionally.  I tried a bitcoin meetup and an anarchist meetup but was not really that impressed and they met every week.  I am kind of looking for a TSP, Prepper, permaculture, survivalist type group.  Any info you might give on how to hook up with some groups would be much appreciated.
Thanks, Plumber4200

Offline SomeOlddMan

• Survivor
  • Engineering a sustainable lifestyle
« Reply #395 on: March 24, 2015, 06:54:55 PM »
Orion Darkwood has a blog at http://www.talesfromaprepper.com/, and has a prepper group that meets out at Umstead.

There are several meetups that I know of, including:
http://www.meetup.com/Building-Resilience-In-Community-Wake-County-NC/
http://www.meetup.com/chapelhillpermaculture/
http://www.meetup.com/RaleighPreppers/
(there are others)

You can use Google to find them, but they get mentioned in the forums too.

Offline plumber4200

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #396 on: March 28, 2015, 05:43:04 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Gardener! I was just updating my meetups profile today.  will look those up. 
Thanks!

Offline Clybrad

• Survivor
    • Skilled Gentlemen Podcast
« Reply #397 on: August 15, 2015, 08:56:08 AM »
@SuburbanGardener Not that it really matters, but I know a few firefighters in Cary that I went to an academy with.

Offline Dave in Broadway, NC

• Survivor
  • It's the electorate, stupid
« Reply #398 on: November 24, 2015, 10:22:33 PM »
Friends,
If you're within striking distance of Sanford, NC and you're in the market for a tractor and a bunch of implements, please check out our Craigslist ad at http://raleigh.craigslist.org/grd/5331372604.html

We've decided it's time to trade the "big" tractor for a walk-behind one.  We've pretty well painted ourselves into a corner with everything we have planted here. 

Offline ncjeeper

• Most Noble Order of the Garter Snake
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Oooops!
« Reply #399 on: November 25, 2015, 06:53:30 PM »
Well that sold fast.

Offline 18C Troll

• Prepper
« Reply #400 on: May 29, 2019, 09:47:37 PM »
Morrisville, NC right now. Renting but looking to buy a homestead next year.

Offline Maverick9110e

• Prepper
« Reply #401 on: July 19, 2019, 08:23:58 PM »
Welcome!