Community & Regional Connections > Region Five

Anyone live in, or around Austin TX?

<< < (2/6) > >>

oktheniknow:
While it's true that Williamson County has a lot of HOA suburbs, there are areas where you can live the country life near the city. It's also the fastest growing county in the country right now. 
As for the video, that was done some 14 years ago and we all know that Alex gets a little out there at times...

OutWestTX:
I second the advice about avoiding Williamson county.  Burnet and Blanco are MUCH better choices.  There is an active prepper group in Burnet.   

BiggBake:
I agree with OutWestTX.

Beetlebum:
I will also be headed out there in the May time frame. My office will be off of Zicker park. I HATE commuting so I will be looking in that area, at least initially until I get established and have more capital to get some land. Are there some good libertarian/prep groups to introduce myself to? Any general general knowledge or tips for Austin I should know? Thanks

OutWestTX:

--- Quote from: Beetlebum on December 05, 2013, 11:17:33 PM --- Any general general knowledge or tips for Austin I should know? Thanks

--- End quote ---

The official motto is "Keep Austin Weird".  That pretty much sums it up. 

There are several prepper groups in the Austin area.  Meetup.com has info on them.  Central Texas Preppers seems to be the most active.  They do canning classes and things like that. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version