Author Topic: Permaculture Work Day - Colleyville, TX 76034. Saturday, October 31, 2015  (Read 109 times)

Offline tx_floods

• Prepper
I'm going to copy and paste an email I sent out on the tsp message board earlier this week:

"Hello, all. My name is Tim Flood. I’m a regular listener of TSP. I went to two of Jack’s spring work days and I will be attending Jack’s November workshop.

The reason for this email, is that I’d like to invite anyone in the DFW Metroplex to a work day, structured similar to the work days that Jack hosted in the spring. I need to get a couple of swales laid out. I have a water bunyip, but not a laser level, and I physically can’t hold both ends of the water level myself. Now that the weather is cool, it’s pleasant to be outside and working, and I want to get my infrastructure installed for more plantings this fall and next spring. I’m not envisioning anything too rigorous or strenuous,  but would like a chance to make a few Permaculture oriented friends in the Metroplex. I live in Colleyville, which is closer to Fort Worth than Dallas, in the Mid-Cities area.

To that end, here are the particulars:

Work Day
Saturday, October 31 from 9:00 AM to ????
Colleyville, TX 76034
Let me know if you’re interested in coming, and I’ll provide the street address.

Primary objective is to lay out a couple of swales with water bunyip. Any actual digging of said swales is lagniappe for the day. If we do get any swales built, I have some stuff we can plant.
At the end of the day, I’ll feed you. My wife makes a pretty mean brisket, and I’ll supply “some” coldies for us to enjoy.
If you want to hang around after, we can light a campfire in the backyard. I can hack my way through chords A, D, & E on an acoustic guitar, and my wife sings like nobody you’ve ever heard before. If anyone actually “plays” acoustic, please feel free to bring it, and we can work out some campfire songs. Maybe we’ll do some s’mores or something.

I’ve got some small kids, so this is a family friendly affair. I’m cool with some beers after work, but not planning on hosting the big borracho.
If you want to bring your kids, they can play in the backyard with my kids while we’re working, eating, and drinking.

Let me know what you guys think. If anyone can make it over, I’d love to host now and reciprocate the labor on your homestead in the future."

I haven't had any response on the message board yet, so I'm hope this forum topic is a better way to reach local DFW permie-minded people.
You can send a text message to my cell phone at 915.491.0372 with questions/comments.

Thanks