Author Topic: Stuff to do in the Ft Worth area?  (Read 175 times)

Offline theBINKYhunter

• Does not fall well with plastic guns...
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Not a tactical baddass
Stuff to do in the Ft Worth area?
« on: September 24, 2015, 10:20:15 PM »
Going to be in the Ft Worth area in early Oct with my wife. We'll have a free Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday morning while there and are looking for things to do. I've been looking online but figured I'd ask some of the locals what you like to do.

There are some museums that seem interesting, Panther Island seems like it might be a nice place to check out. What other things are worth looking into? We're up for almost anything... We were going to spend one day at Six Flags but my recent surgery has scrubbed that from the books :(

Offline FrugalFannie

• Dedicated Contributor
Re: Stuff to do in the Ft Worth area?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 10:10:06 AM »
Dallas is 30 miles east of Ft Worth and the State Fair of Texas is in full swing beginning today and going through October 18th. I am not 100% sure I will get to it as I actually scheduled a trip back "home" and leave on Monday. Dallas Museum of Art has free general admission. There are drag Races at Texas Motor Speedway on Friday night (Ft Worth). I also hear the Fort Worth Stockyards demand a visit. We haven't been there yet. When will you be here?

Offline TexDaddy

• TSP Goat Wrangling Geezer. He is EVIL also.
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • I live in Texas. What country are you from?
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 10:31:21 AM »
Kimbell Art Museum https://www.kimbellart.org/
Fort Worth Museum of Science and History http://www.fwmuseum.org/
National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame http://www.cowgirl.net/

Offline theBINKYhunter

• Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Not a tactical baddass
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 11:41:25 AM »
Thanks guys.

We're going to be there Oct 3 - 10. I'm at a conference the 4th - 6th, and we're heading to Abilene on the 9th to stay the night there and see family, then we fly out on the 10th. So we have the 7th and 8th completely open and that Friday morning before we head to Abilene.

The state fair might be fun, I'll need to look into that.

Offline theBINKYhunter

• Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Not a tactical baddass
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 04:16:36 PM »
Oh, just thought about this:

Ranges that rent handguns. My wife wants to give revolvers a go and this would be the perfect time to try some out. Google brings up plenty, but are there any that you would recommend? If it's outdoor that's even better and we both prefer to not be indoors.

Offline machinisttx

• Survivalist Mentor
  • yay
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 09:01:43 PM »
Texas Motor Speedway is actually in Southlake, which is a little north of Ft. Worth. We're going to be there in a few weeks at a cub scout event. Can't help you any on the public ranges in that area, but I do have plenty of wheelguns. Most of mine are 4" or longer barrels, but I do have a couple of snubbies. If you find a range, I might be able to drive down with a few.  ;D I'm assuming you're probably most interested in .38/.357?

Edit: Send me a PM if you're interested, otherwise I'm apt to forget about this.

Offline JokersWild

• TSP Mule
  • Survivalist Mentor
  • You can't save all the starfish.
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 12:37:07 PM »
Thanks guys.

We're going to be there Oct 3 - 10. I'm at a conference the 4th - 6th, and we're heading to Abilene on the 9th to stay the night there and see family, then we fly out on the 10th. So we have the 7th and 8th completely open and that Friday morning before we head to Abilene.

The state fair might be fun, I'll need to look into that.
There's not "might" to the Texas State Fair! A Fletcher's Corny Dog and a ride on the Texas Star Ferris wheel.and you can be christened Texas State Fair veterans!