Author Topic: Moved to Plano  (Read 248 times)

Offline thechemist

• Prepper
Moved to Plano
« on: June 12, 2015, 02:16:06 PM »
A new job opportunity has my family moving from Raleigh, NC to Plano, TX.  We've been here for a couple of months and we love it so far.  I have to say that I underestimated Texas pride.  It seems like every truck has a "Texas Edition" badge on it.  :-)

Offline TexDaddy

• TSP Goat Wrangling Geezer. He is EVIL also.
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • I live in Texas. What country are you from?
Re: Moved to Plano
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 06:59:06 PM »
Welcome,

...I have to say that I underestimated Texas pride.  It seems like every truck has a "Texas Edition" badge on it.  :-)
Well that is something difficult to over estimate.  ;)

...and yes, there are quite a few of them.

Offline lettuceman

• Survivor
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 07:21:35 AM »
No, that's just marketing.

Offline TexDaddy

• TSP Goat Wrangling Geezer. He is EVIL also.
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • I live in Texas. What country are you from?
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 07:55:15 AM »
No, that's just marketing.
Of course.

"According to General Motors, the Lone Star State is responsible for one sixth of all truck sales in the United States, and to draw even more buyers to its showrooms, the 2014 Chevrolet Silverado is being offered in a special Texas Edition package."

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/05/08/2014-chevy-silverado-texas-edition/

Offline Bones

• Survivor
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2015, 08:30:40 AM »
Welcome to Texas! Until about 3 years ago I worked in Plano (Baylor Regional Med Ctr) and lived in Richardson. We sold our house up there at a great time and for a nice profit one year ago this month and finally relocated to our BOL and forever home here in the Pineywoods of East TX.

Plano is a great city with lots of restraunt opportunities (and Cabela's, and Bass Pro Shops, and Cheaper Than Dirt, and Dick's Sports, and Gander Mountain, and several Academy Sports within an easy drive!!!!). If you're into tech check out the Fry's Electronics at 75 and the George Bush Expressway. If you like golf there is a place with a 3 story driving range complete with bars and restaraunts on every level (Top Golf). Enjoy the new surrounds and help us keep Texas free. 

Offline FrugalFannie

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 09:17:57 PM »
Hey! We are currently in Dallas. Just got here. But hoping to move to Plano on August 1. Meeting with the realtor and homeowner tomorrow actually! Shoot me a PM and would love to meet up.

Offline Hootie

• Written Word Wrangler
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Just another day gardening in the heat of texas
    • Frozen Gardener
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 08:32:56 PM »
I made it... From milwaukee, Wisconsin to Plano Texas.

Been a rough road, but finally made it!

Offline sojourners96

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2015, 01:39:33 PM »
I am east of Plano near lake Lavon. Made it to good size of land, limited on help to get my food forest going. I am between Lavon and Royce City. Could be great location for plant nursery or some type of small farm business. Would like to find someone to partner with on start up. Got plenty of room to do sheep, ducks, goats. Already have acquired ton of mulch too.

Offline thechemist

• Prepper
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2016, 02:48:59 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome. 

If you're into tech check out the Fry's Electronics

Ironically, I used to work at Fry's in San Diego for about 4 days while I was still in college.  A more lucrative job came by, which caused the very short employment duration.