Author Topic: Oklahoma  (Read 6909 times)

Offline Oakie

• Survivor
Re: Oklahoma
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2010, 09:59:43 AM »
when I left OK for TX, I never thought I'd even THINK about moving back. Funny how things work out.

:D
Those were my thoughts as well, but here I am and sooo happy to be here!

Offline vicious

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Building a better future
    • Payne Country
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2010, 10:05:25 AM »
:D
Those were my thoughts as well, but here I am and sooo happy to be here!

Mine too! And I'm so glad to be back.

Offline Cwdrlove

• Prepper
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2010, 09:14:23 AM »
Hey Ya'll, I'm Chris from OKC. I've been lurking a bit, listening to TSP during my 45-60 minute commute from far SE OKC to NW OKC. I can knock out 2-3 episodes a day if I listen at lunch. But my wife tells me I tend to get a bit "obsessed" so I try to keep it a little more relaxed than that. Leave the ol' tinfoil hat at home most days.  I wish I'd started prepping many many moons ago, but then hindsight and all that. So now I've been dabbling with preps as funds allow for a year or so with minimal accomplishments.

Oh well, jut thought I'd say hello.

Offline Morgan96

• Survivalist Mentor
  • We Are The Knights Who Say.... Nnnutella!
    • Blog:  101 Centavos
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2010, 05:05:20 AM »
Hey Ya'll, I'm Chris from OKC. I've been lurking a bit, listening to TSP during my 45-60 minute commute from far SE OKC to NW OKC. I can knock out 2-3 episodes a day if I listen at lunch. But my wife tells me I tend to get a bit "obsessed" so I try to keep it a little more relaxed than that. Leave the ol' tinfoil hat at home most days.  I wish I'd started prepping many many moons ago, but then hindsight and all that. So now I've been dabbling with preps as funds allow for a year or so with minimal accomplishments.

Oh well, jut thought I'd say hello.

Hello Chris, welcome to the forum.
Advise to not stress about being behind in preparations, a little bit at a time does it, as long as you stay consistent.

Offline Cwdrlove

• Prepper
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2010, 09:16:13 PM »
a little bit at a time does it, as long as you stay consistent.

Thanks Morgan, after the ice and snow storms we've had the past few years and the tornados trashing the electric transmission towers in Norman back in the spring, I'm focusing on Winter preps right now. Firewood, extra propane, food and water, etc.

Offline Morgan96

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2010, 02:57:33 AM »
Thanks Morgan, after the ice and snow storms we've had the past few years and the tornados trashing the electric transmission towers in Norman back in the spring, I'm focusing on Winter preps right now. Firewood, extra propane, food and water, etc.

The ice storms, now those were a booger for sure.  Main reason we invested in some backup power generation.  I don't recall reading about the towers in Norman, but I may have been traveling at the time.  It doesn't matter, no power is no power.

Irishajw

« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2010, 05:16:06 PM »
Hello all.  Live in Norman, but with BOL land in NE Oklahoma too.

Offline Peter Pumpkin Eater

• Prepper
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2010, 08:21:46 PM »
Welcome Irishajw.  I work in Norman and live on the SW side of OKC...glad you found us here at the forum. 

Pete

Offline vonhismean

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2010, 06:09:05 PM »
Hello from OKC.

We have a group in OKC we call the Family of Families that is helping one another to get prepared for hard times that are coming our way. We would welcome anyone in the central Oklahoma area that would like to join us this coming Saturday for breakfast and a little prep chat. We are meeting every other Saturday, this week we will be at the Braums at NE 23rd and Henney in Choctaw at 8am. 

We are expecting 15-20 people so far so the group won't be hard to spot. Ask for Matt or Mike.

Thanks
Mike

Wow are yah still meeting up I could be interested in that.?

Offline gobblerblaster

• Prepper
« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2010, 07:39:20 PM »
Northeastern Okie here. Just joined the forum this evening. I am already living in my bug out shack on the prairie and am loving it as we get ready for who knows what. Winter is here, busy making preps and praying we don't get ice this year.

• Prepper
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2010, 07:43:18 PM »
Welcome Gobblerblaster glad you found us on the forum here....lots of good info

Pete

Offline Morgan96

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2010, 05:10:11 AM »
Northeastern Okie here. Just joined the forum this evening. I am already living in my bug out shack on the prairie and am loving it as we get ready for who knows what. Winter is here, busy making preps and praying we don't get ice this year.

Hello Gobberblaster, welcome to the forum. We're neighbors of sorts.

Offline gobblerblaster

• Prepper
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2010, 06:50:28 AM »
Hello Gobberblaster, welcome to the forum. We're neighbors of sorts.

I am in lower Osage County about and hour out of T-Town. We had preppers meeting yesterday at a Church where I go. Not many takers yet but, we are really just getting starting and I know my Pastor forgot to have it put on the bulletin. Due you live close by Morgan?

Offline Morgan96

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #73 on: December 13, 2010, 04:43:39 AM »
Due you live close by Morgan?

Right in T-Town.

Offline gobblerblaster

• Prepper
« Reply #74 on: December 29, 2010, 07:00:23 PM »
I was out the other day on a scouting mission of sorts, really I was looking for wild hog sign but, I noticed that a small branch off of a creek that I frequent was still running. Everyone knows that in our part of the world we are in a fair drought right now and we have not had any sustancial rain since Sept. here. I went back yesterday and followed it back up stream where I was very exited to find it coming out of the side of a hill. The water is sweet with no briny taste and I caught a pretty good sample and plan on having it tested. This spring is around one and a half klics from the home place and it would be an excellent source of drinking water if we need it. Here in this part of Osage county, it is rare to find a spring and really rare to find a good one that is not salty. If it test good, I will go back and make a small spring box to make it easier to access and then hide it as good as I can. It's in a very out of the way place and I doubt that there are many that know where it is, if any. I just wished I owned the property. By the way does anyone know a close place to get the water test done?

Offline Morgan96

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2010, 03:58:40 AM »
By the way does anyone know a close place to get the water test done?
Gobberblaster, I don't know of a reliable water testing place, but the OSU county extension office might point you in the right direction.
http://www.oces.tulsacounty.org/

Offline gobblerblaster

• Prepper
« Reply #76 on: January 01, 2011, 08:08:17 PM »
Gobberblaster, I don't know of a reliable water testing place, but the OSU county extension office might point you in the right direction.
http://www.oces.tulsacounty.org/

Thanks Morgan, I have also heard that you can go to some of the water well drillers around the area and they will do a test for a small fee. I just need to get on the stick. I want to test my well water here also. I suppose I should, seeing as we have lived out here for almost 5 years. I already know it's hard, my hot water tank, faucets and shower heads attest to that. We are looking into getting a non-salt softner. My Mom and StepDad are moving into their Bug Out Shack, on the property and they are on the same well. What is good about that is that we can share the cost. I know they will want to do it soon, she has an almost brand new front load washer and all new appliances.

Offline oktx

• Prepper
« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2011, 12:06:57 PM »
Hi.  OKC here.  Few names I recognize from other forums.  I've been listening to TSP for about a year and a half now.  Have learned a lot of new things and always interested in learning more.  Thought it was about time I joined the forum here to see what's up. 

Offline kevo

• Survivor
« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2011, 06:04:25 PM »
Any meetups or get togethers planned for us Okies?

• Prepper
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2011, 06:14:07 PM »
No plans yet maybe we can set something up for this Spring if there is a big enough response.

Pete in OKC

Offline Morgan96

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2011, 01:07:35 PM »
How about an early morning breakfast meet-n-greet, somewhere between OKC and Tulsa?  That is, after the snow clears.  I just about can't see over the snow drift out my front door!

• Prepper
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2011, 05:33:39 PM »
How about an early morning breakfast meet-n-greet, somewhere between OKC and Tulsa?  That is, after the snow clears.  I just about can't see over the snow drift out my front door!

I hear ya Morgan can't even get the cars out!!  They say more people are stranded tonite than when the blizzard was in full tilt...I guess they can't take a hint huh?!

Pete

Offline vicious

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Building a better future
    • Payne Country
« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2011, 06:52:05 AM »
I've got bare spots in my yard next to 3' drifts. The wind was relentless. Aside from taking care of the animals and the kids playing, we stayed in. I don't know why you'd be out in this if you don't have to be.

I'd be in for a breakfast in OKC, but much further north than that and I'd likely not be able to make it.

• Prepper
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2011, 02:43:54 PM »
At least the sun is out today.  I 'attempted' to shovel the drive...epic fail!!  I got one vehicle out and just drove back and forth in the driveway to spread the snow out hopefully the sun will melt somemore of it.  Im pooped!!

Pete

Offline Morgan96

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2011, 07:36:15 PM »
At least the sun is out today.  I 'attempted' to shovel the drive...epic fail!! 

Hah!  I can match epic fail for epic fail.  Trying to shovel too fast, pratfall right on the keister!  Luckily, nothing seriously bruised except pride.

Tomorrow, we'll try the drive to work. Should be interesting.

Offline Cwdrlove

• Prepper
« Reply #85 on: February 03, 2011, 01:00:48 PM »
I haven't tried to shovel anything LOL, but then I've had to work the last two days. Maybe tonight I'll start on the walk and porch. I just blasted the driveway with my Jeep ;D, well one side of it anyway.

Offline Raldog

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #86 on: February 05, 2011, 10:05:50 AM »
Hello all.  Getting ready to go shovel more snow here just outside of Jenks, hopefully before the freezing rain hits tonight on top of my unplowed drive.  I shoveled enuff to get my car out, now we'll try to shovel 30 yards of road to get my son's car out.  Yeehaw.

Offline Morgan96

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #87 on: February 05, 2011, 11:55:52 AM »
Hello all.  Getting ready to go shovel more snow here just outside of Jenks, hopefully before the freezing rain hits tonight on top of my unplowed drive.  I shoveled enuff to get my car out, now we'll try to shovel 30 yards of road to get my son's car out.  Yeehaw.

Freezing rain!?  Curses!   Last I heard it was going to be just snow.   

Offline kevo

• Survivor
« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2011, 08:31:53 PM »
Even though the sun was shining today, I shoveled snow. It was a wet heavy mess too... great workout though. Getting ready for the new batch of storms.

I'd be down for a breakfast meet-n-greet in OKC.

• Prepper
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2011, 06:42:14 PM »
Boomer Sooner, Boomer Sooner
Boomer Sooner, OK U!

Oklahoma, Oklahoma
Oklahoma, Oklahoma
Oklahoma, Oklahoma