Author Topic: Oklahoma  (Read 6908 times)

Campbell

Re: Oklahoma
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2010, 04:08:48 AM »
Hello from Mustang  ;D

Offline Peter Pumpkin Eater

• Prepper
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2010, 03:10:13 PM »
Pete in OKC

Offline luke

• Anarchocaprivore
  • Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2010, 09:41:43 PM »
I'll be traveling to Tulsa bright and early tomorrow morning through Friday. Been there a few times before, but if anyone wants to meet up, let me know. I might be working some weird hours, not sure yet, but you can give me a call if you want or PM me here.

medicvet

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2010, 04:11:32 AM »
Living in Kiamichi country in Haskell County here.  :)

Offline Morgan96

• Survivalist Mentor
  • We Are The Knights Who Say.... Nnnutella!
    • Blog:  101 Centavos
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2010, 07:55:51 PM »
Hello - posting in from Tulsa, 6 inches of snow tonight. 

• Prepper
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2010, 04:25:28 PM »
Welcome to all the Okies...was hoping there was some of us here!!

Offline Morgan96

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2010, 05:56:30 AM »
looks like there's a few of us Okies, although I'm transplanted, not native...

Offline Morgan96

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2010, 09:31:55 AM »
Flea market tip for anyone who's in Tulsa on a Saturday.
There's a flea market held at at the Tulsa Fairgrounds, sometimes in the main building when there's not a major event on, and sometimes in the Ford building close to the livestock arenas.   There are several booths dealing in military surplus gear.  I recent bought a pair of shooter's mittens and an Alice pack, each for $15.  Didn't know what shooter's mitts were before then, not having served in the military, but they looked handy as heck, with a leather and canvas outer shell, and a 70% wool inserts.  After I treat them with some saddle soap, they'll go in the vehicle backpack.  Anyways, this is not a commerical plug, I'm not connected in any way to the flea market operators, but it sure is a great way to find some bargains, sharpen haggling skills, and buy used...

Offline kgull85

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2010, 03:17:16 PM »
North of Tulsa here.  Glad it's finally warming up, need to get my garden ready.

Offline ntexastom

• Prepper
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2010, 05:27:16 AM »
I work in DFW now but have property in the Lake Texoma area (on the affordable side. Oklahoma).

Offline Ranger Dave

• Survivor
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2010, 10:47:18 AM »
Hello from Bartlesville.

Offline vonhismean

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2010, 10:10:30 AM »
Hey from OKC!

Offline Ballistic_Tip

• Prepper
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2010, 04:18:43 PM »
Hello from OKC!!

Keith

Offline Morgan96

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2010, 06:41:50 AM »
Hello Ballistic, vonhismean, Ntexastorm, kgull85 to the forum.  Anyone working on their gardens yet?  I have some plants in the ground, and spent the best part of last weekend digging up the veg beds and lining the bottom with 1/4" mesh hardware cloth.  This, after a small army of moles invaded and ate up all the earthworms. I hate moles.

Offline vicious

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Building a better future
    • Payne Country
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2010, 07:13:28 AM »
I've decided to go sqft this year after a couple of seasons of inefficient large gardens. I've got the box built, and I'll be planting this weekend. I have a brown thumb, so I'm hoping this more simple way of gardening will help.

Offline OKCPrepper

• Survivor
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2010, 09:12:35 PM »
Hello from OKC.

We have a group in OKC we call the Family of Families that is helping one another to get prepared for hard times that are coming our way. We would welcome anyone in the central Oklahoma area that would like to join us this coming Saturday for breakfast and a little prep chat. We are meeting every other Saturday, this week we will be at the Braums at NE 23rd and Henney in Choctaw at 8am. 

We are expecting 15-20 people so far so the group won't be hard to spot. Ask for Matt or Mike.

Thanks
Mike

Offline Morgan96

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2010, 06:01:37 AM »
I've decided to go sqft this year after a couple of seasons of inefficient large gardens. I've got the box built, and I'll be planting this weekend. I have a brown thumb, so I'm hoping this more simple way of gardening will help.

I broke up the 8 x 8 bed  we planted in peppers and tomatoes last year (in ignorance, it was our first veg garden) into two 4x8 SFGs.  After laying out the grid, it's amazing to realize just how many squares there are to fill.  I kept the original soil, so it's not mel's mix, but with heavy mulching, I hope it will do well this year.

Offline Morgan96

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2010, 05:37:24 AM »
For anyone in the Tulsa area and interested in gardening, Southwood's Nursery at 91st & Riverside appears to be a good resource for some things.  Knowledgeable staff and a good selection of plants. Right now, 30% discount on good size fruit trees (peaches, plums, apples).  Some well started blue berries and blackberry plants. They also have a big selection of tomato and herb plants, some of which you *will not* find at Home Depot or Lowe's, like "Black Prince" and "Cuore di Bue" heirloom tomato plants, or Stevia "sugar leaf" plants.  Prices on the small plantings are OK, but prices on accessories (soil, tools, planters, mulch) are extortionately high.   We've never been to this nursery until now, and are pleasantly surprised.  Just FYI.

Offline Ballistic_Tip

• Prepper
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2010, 08:50:18 PM »
Hello Ballistic, vonhismean, Ntexastorm, kgull85 to the forum.  Anyone working on their gardens yet?  I have some plants in the ground, and spent the best part of last weekend digging up the veg beds and lining the bottom with 1/4" mesh hardware cloth.  This, after a small army of moles invaded and ate up all the earthworms. I hate moles.

I planted most stuff on April 2, most of it is coming along nicely. I'll try to get pics up.

Offline kgull85

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2010, 02:30:20 PM »

My wife and I are making our first attempt at a garden this year.  We are doing the SFG method too and have one 4x8 bed.  So far we have green things coming out of the ground, but some of it is grass since we didn't get the bottom lined good.

Offline vicious

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Payne Country
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2010, 03:24:20 PM »
Quick update to my garden. It's doing great. I think I planted a little late, but all in all stuff is growing better than it did before in the larger beds. It's WAY easier to maintain as well.

Offline Morgan96

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2010, 04:38:47 AM »
Quick update to my garden. It's doing great. I think I planted a little late, but all in all stuff is growing better than it did before in the larger beds. It's WAY easier to maintain as well.

Looking good Vicious.  Did you use Mel's Mix for those beds?

Offline vicious

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Payne Country
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2010, 02:44:58 PM »
I planned on using it, but I didn't get any vermiculite. I ended up going with a mix of existing dirt, some donkey enriched compost, and some peat. It's really very healthy is you ask me.

Offline Morgan96

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2010, 05:20:06 AM »
Bump back to the top.

Went to Jenks Farmers' Market on Saturday, and picked up some organic Kohlrabi and cabbages.  Very small market, but they're growing and looking for a permanent home.  The Cherry Street market is still the best one in the area we've visited so far.   Plans to make it up to the Owasso market soon.

Support your local farmers....

Offline tx_floods

• Prepper
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2010, 10:11:54 PM »
Hello to Oklahoma! Texas Floods here. (Specifically, El Paso.) However, may not be in Texas much longer. I'm flying to OKC on Friday for a job interview. I'm not sure if the position will be in the home office in OKC, or at Ft. Sill in Lawton. Either way, here are my thoughts: We're going to live as cheaply as we can in either OKC or Lawton and buy a piece of land in Tahlequah. I've been searching online, and found a couple of nice places; One place I REALLY like. So, Monday-Friday, we do the work-a-week grind, and Friday afternoon, we bug out to the BOL and spend our weekends there. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea.

I never, ever thought I say that! I grew up in Sallisaw, wifey in McAlester. After college at OSU, when I left OK for TX, I never thought I'd even THINK about moving back. Funny how things work out.

Offline Morgan96

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2010, 04:32:31 AM »
Hello to Oklahoma! Texas Floods here. (Specifically, El Paso.) However, may not be in Texas much longer. I'm flying to OKC on Friday for a job interview. I'm not sure if the position will be in the home office in OKC, or at Ft. Sill in Lawton. Either way, here are my thoughts: We're going to live as cheaply as we can in either OKC or Lawton and buy a piece of land in Tahlequah. I've been searching online, and found a couple of nice places; One place I REALLY like. So, Monday-Friday, we do the work-a-week grind, and Friday afternoon, we bug out to the BOL and spend our weekends there. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea.

I never, ever thought I say that! I grew up in Sallisaw, wifey in McAlester. After college at OSU, when I left OK for TX, I never thought I'd even THINK about moving back. Funny how things work out.

Welcome back to OK, floods.
Good choice on Tahlequah. What's not to like?  Pretty hills, far enough but not too far from Tulsa, close to the Illinois River for trout fishing, and also to Tenkiller and Fort Gibson lakes.  We've also been casting eyes at properties in the area of Tahlequah, and also Sallisaw...

• Prepper
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2010, 09:01:48 PM »
WOW !!  On Monday my wife and her friend were walking around the neighborhood in SW-OKC/Westmoore area and someone around the "corner" was "blasting" the Podcast whilst outside their house...

If you are out there and reading this please PM me.

I would like to talk with another like-minded individual in my area.  Seeing that REGION 5 has no upcoming meet-n-greets in my immediate areas.
Thanks

Pete

• Prepper
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2010, 04:48:41 AM »
Oooooklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the plains....

Bump to top!!

Pete

Offline jarhead2nd

• Prepper
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2010, 08:07:33 AM »
I'm from Arkansas but travel to Ok often, as a matter of fact I'm heading for Mid West City this weekend. I would like to complement you guys on your choice of politicians. 

• Prepper
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2010, 06:00:16 PM »
helllo jarhead2nd...  thanks for posting on our board...  Mid-west city huh??  Not too far from me and mine...  I would say thanks for the compliment on our "politicians" but I'm not sure who you are referring to... anywho have fun this weekend in MWC.

Pete