Author Topic: Anyone from Arkansas?  (Read 3270 times)

Offline Mr. Red Beard (UKtheBUNNY)

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Probably doing it wrong
Re: Anyone from Arkansas?
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2012, 08:31:16 PM »
Hey Uk,
I'm going to some type of survivor/prepper seminar Saturday. Put on by "ineed2prepare.com"
They appear to be based in LR/NLR. I ordered some things from them - Berkey Water filter, emergency food etc.. Ever heard of them? They seem to be legit.. Hope so.

I had no idea. Is that in the same shopping center as the UPS store?

Offline RH62

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2012, 08:40:06 PM »
I think that is some type of PO box there. I'm not sure where they are physically located or if they even have a physical address. I got a card from them at a gun show in LR a few months ago. They had a booth and were giving out samples of Wise food. I ordered some things off there web site. Received it ok and got an invite to there workshop/seminar. Me and a buddy from work are going. I'll let you know how it turns out.

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2012, 08:47:58 PM »
What time? I might have to make it up there. I read through the website but didn't see any event information.

Offline RH62

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2012, 09:08:44 PM »
Saturday the 28th 9am to 12. You could probably contact them thru there web site for more info.

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2012, 02:17:51 PM »
Some interesting stuff at that workshop. I'm looking forward to a more advanced version.

Offline RH62

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2012, 08:36:21 PM »
Hey UK,
Didn't realize it was you at the meeting today.
Charlie, my friend from work and I were sitting behind you.
I agree, pretty interesting stuff.
Hopefully Mike will put together a few more of these.

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2012, 09:11:39 AM »
Hey UK,
Didn't realize it was you at the meeting today.
Charlie, my friend from work and I were sitting behind you.
I agree, pretty interesting stuff.
Hopefully Mike will put together a few more of these.

Good times. I also plan on going to some of the events at Pinnacle Mountain. They're either free or really cheap. They have Dutch Oven Outdoor Cooking, Water Purification, Survival Skills Weekend, Orienteering Workshop, Fire Building, Wild Edibles, Edible and Medicinal Plants.... plus more. You'll find I'm a cheap bastard so things like this really appeal to me.

Offline SupportByFire

• Prepper
    • Arkansas Armory, Inc.
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2012, 07:13:54 AM »
Hey Everyone,

I'm Nathan.  We are originally from central Arkansas but have moved away and then moved back several times over the past 13 years.  I went to college in Fayetteville, commissioned as an Infantry Officer, went to the Army for 4 years, and then moved home to Maumelle.  After 5 years with a major retail distribution center, it closed it's doors and I moved with the company to Savannah, GA.  After another two years, we decided to move back home, buy land, focus on preps, and start our own business.

We're living on 10 acres of partial field / partial woods just outside of Cabot.  I'm starting a new business called "Arkansas Armory" in Sherwood

[ADVERTISING DELETED BY MODERATOR]

Just wanted to introduce myself!

Nathan
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 09:24:52 AM by Mr. Bill »

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2012, 07:53:51 AM »
Welcome aboard! Great news on the local shop, I live in NLR. I just checked out the Facebook page. I'm in for the lunch. I love that your range is rated for rifle use. What's the cost to use it?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 09:25:24 AM by Mr. Bill »

Offline SupportByFire

• Prepper
    • Arkansas Armory, Inc.
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2012, 05:20:25 PM »
UKtheBunny, I better not say right now.  I got in trouble with the moderators for advertising.  Sorry about that.  Not my intent, it's just a huge part of who I am right now.  I don't want to cause problems.  I'll keep Facebook updated and let you know more about things at lunch.

Lunch is going to be at the Golden Corral in NLR at 12:00 PM on Wednesday, Feb 15.  We'll be back in the meeting room.  Everyone is buying their own lunch - just a get-together to meet other like minded people / preppers in the community.  Would love to meet you guys in person!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 06:09:10 PM by SupportByFire »

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2012, 06:48:09 PM »
UKtheBunny, I better not say right now.  I got in trouble with the moderators for advertising.  Sorry about that.  Not my intent, it's just a huge part of who I am right now.  I don't want to cause problems.  I'll keep Facebook updated and let you know more about things at lunch.

Lunch is going to be at the Golden Corral in NLR at 12:00 PM on Wednesday, Feb 15.  We'll be back in the meeting room.  Everyone is buying their own lunch - just a get-together to meet other like minded people / preppers in the community.  Would love to meet you guys in person!

Oh woops didn't even think about it either.  I was just too excited. Sorry

Offline excaliber

• Survivalist Mentor
  • gunning in Iraq
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2012, 08:32:21 PM »

I am in Searcy, I may try to attend,,,

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2012, 08:54:40 PM »
It's looking like we might have enough people in Central Arkansas to start getting together eventually. Nothing crazy just getting together with like minded people.

Offline SupportByFire

• Prepper
    • Arkansas Armory, Inc.
« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2012, 10:35:15 AM »
UK - I'd like to start trying to attend more of the events at Pinnacle Mountain.  It sounds like there are a lot of skills that I could pick up from that, especially around plant identification.

Excalibur - I hope you make it!  Don't expect a fancy presentation or anything, but just a group of like-minded guys getting together.  Not sure what to expect myself since this will be the first meeting of it's kind!

Offline RH62

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2012, 08:53:13 PM »
Hey Nathan,
I have a business a couple of blocks from your new business.
Looking forward to your opening.
I am going to try to make the Golden Corral lunch "meet & greet" on the 15th.
RH62

Offline Texasbound

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2012, 09:01:21 PM »
I'd love to meet with you guys, but my work won't allow for it.  Maybe a future meet will work out for me.  I'm down in the Malvern area, but don't mind a short trip.

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2012, 09:09:55 PM »
Good to hear. I'm willing to travel to meetup with sane people.

Offline SupportByFire

• Prepper
    • Arkansas Armory, Inc.
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2012, 09:05:12 AM »
Thanks for a great turn-out at Golden Corral yesterday.  We had 10 people there, including a Captain in the NLR PD.  Lots of good discussion about firearms, emergency preps, NLR's emergency planning, and more.  I'll plan another one in March!

Nathan

Offline PrepperJim

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Prepping Means Resiliency and Redundancy
ineed2prepare.com Re: Anyone from Arkansas?
« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2012, 10:28:28 AM »
All,

I need to warn you about this operation. I ordered something and they never shipped it. When I contacted them 3 months after I ordered (I forgot all about it), I was advised the item was discontinued and they would ship a replacement. I was lied to that the product would ship. After another month, I asked for a refund. I was lied to again that they would credit my paypal account and then lied to that a check was in the mail. After six months of the run around, I just wrote off the $99 as a learning experience.  I can back all this up with emails from them.

My advice would be not to do business with them.

Jim

• Survivalist Mentor
Re: ineed2prepare.com Re: Anyone from Arkansas?
« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2012, 10:41:10 AM »
He's talking about ineed2prepare.com

All,

I need to warn you about this operation. I ordered something and they never shipped it. When I contacted them 3 months after I ordered (I forgot all about it), I was advised the item was discontinued and they would ship a replacement. I was lied to that the product would ship. After another month, I asked for a refund. I was lied to again that they would credit my paypal account and then lied to that a check was in the mail. After six months of the run around, I just wrote off the $99 as a learning experience.  I can back all this up with emails from them.

My advice would be not to do business with them.

Jim

Interesting thanks for the heads up.

Offline excaliber

• Survivalist Mentor
  • gunning in Iraq
Re: ineed2prepare.com Re: Anyone from Arkansas?
« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2012, 12:43:12 PM »
All,

My advice would be not to do business with them. I'm in little rock at least once every 2 weeks.

Jim

hay if you want to take this to PM, you can send me the info I'll go to their business and knock on their door with your documentation and ask WTF? and I'll get your stuff sent to you.

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2012, 02:01:00 PM »
There's no store front but the guy lives in Little Rock. The address on the website is a mailbox at the UPS store. I met him at a workshop he held a few weeks ago.

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2012, 02:07:37 PM »
I just sent him an email concerning this issue. Let's see what happens.

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2012, 03:03:55 PM »
I got an email back from the owner that sounds like he is going to correct the problem. Keep me posted.

Offline RH62

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2012, 07:10:29 PM »
Hey  PrepperJim
I emailed Mike at ineed2prepare.com today inquiring about an order that I placed at the workshop UK just mentioned.
He emailed me back with a ups tracking # showing that I should get my order Monday.
Sorry you had a bad experience, but so far I have no complaints.
I had placed and received 2 previous orders.
Each time took about 5 or 6 weeks to get products.
That seemed like a rather long time but I was told by a couple of different people that it was about normal for these type products.
Good luck

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #85 on: March 08, 2012, 09:41:35 PM »
That was from an order you made the day of the workshop RH?

I talked to the owner again to negotiate the refund. Honestly it sounds like a lack of communication of both sides but lets see. The owner said he would comply so lets see what happens.

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2012, 05:59:18 AM »
Just an update PrepperJim has been refunded. I was emailed by the owner of ineed2prepare.com this morning and Jim confirmed it. ineed2prepare.com is also sending out free products to make up for the error. I don't believe this was intentional so hopefully there's no bad blood.

Offline excaliber

• Survivalist Mentor
  • gunning in Iraq
« Reply #87 on: March 09, 2012, 10:24:45 AM »
SWEET! I'm sure he appreciates the help!

Jamie

Offline RH62

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #88 on: March 09, 2012, 07:32:20 PM »
Yes UK I ordered the day of the workshop.
I received the order today.
Jan 28th to March 9th.
Not real fast, but like I said in an earlier post, I'm new in the
prepper world so I'm not sure what is considered the "norm"
for products of this kind. I hear that business is booming and some companies are having
trouble keeping up with the demand.

Offline RH62

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #89 on: March 09, 2012, 10:26:09 PM »
Hey Guys, What up with the "Karma" Points. I have 1 and am very proud of it, even though I don't know what it means or why I got it.