Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Firearms Advice For Beginners

griz ..

<< < (6/7) > >>

FreeLancer:

--- Quote from: surfivor on October 12, 2016, 01:53:17 PM ---Figuring out what kind of gun for a bear on the web can't be as hard as figuring out who killed JFK. I do have some ideas on the later but she doesn't seem interested in topics like that .. Something about she is too busy (but watches alot of TV anyway, gets most info from the car radio, believes everything on NPR, can't afford an IPod or some such).

--- End quote ---

See, this is the kind of information that would have been helpful to have right up front, it really kinda encapsulates the whole thread in a nutshell, so to speak.

--- Quote from: machinisttx on October 12, 2016, 09:38:29 PM ---Animals do recognize imbalances in mental state.

--- End quote ---

Yes, they most certainly do.

FrugalFannie:

--- Quote from: surfivor on October 10, 2016, 10:13:12 AM --- women are big into horses .. having a horse is such a high priority for her

--- End quote ---

tell her she needs to spend the money on the "right" gun to protect her horses. She'll find the money DAMN fast.

Seriously, last thing you want to do is piss off a bear. If you are shooting one to protect yourself or your animals, you want to stop that bear QUICK.

endurance:
The best gun in the world is a worthless without training. If she doesn't have the interest in spending 24 hours over the next month to learn how to safely handle and use a gun it's worse than worthless. It's dangerous. This whole thread is trying to push a string.

Carl:
I had suggested everything but an inflatable goat....some problems are hard to fix.

surfivor:

I just got this email from my sister:

-> "Shot off a whole bunch of different guns and types of bullets with my neighbor the gun expert and former Vietnam platoon leader. I've decided to buy a Remington 870 short barrel. Picking it up this weekend and then getting it modified to fit me."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version