Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Firearms Advice For Beginners

Worth it to build an AK?

<< < (3/4) > >>

David in MN:
I've only parted together ARs but I always think the resulting Frankengun (Troy rails, Magpul BUIS, BRAVO charging handle) gets the owner something unique and definitely not "off the shelf". I don't think building an AR saves money per se but you get exactly the rifle you want with all the features you want. None of us need silly muzzle brakes...

I don't know if an AK works the same. A quick search on the usual websites it looks like there's a lot of options if you have a goal in mind. You might not save money building a classic wood stock AK but if you wanted an all plastic wondergun that made other shooters stop and ask "what the heck is that?" it could be fun. I don't know the laws at all.

I'll follow the thread. Building a slicked out AK is beginning to sound more fun.

strangetanks:
I will definitely keep you guys updated.  Probably not going to get to it for a while, I'm busy working on a new air rifle and a gazillion other projects.  Would like to get it done in time for spring weather though.  I'm going to start looking to put together all the parts I need over some time.  I'm thinking gunbroker.com might be the place to pick everything up.

Any opinions on that?

nelson96:

--- Quote from: David in MN on January 01, 2015, 07:19:47 AM ---None of us need silly muzzle brakes...
--- End quote ---

Hey, wait a minute.  None of us "need" them, but they aren't silly.  ;)

nelson96:

--- Quote from: strangetanks on January 01, 2015, 09:36:44 AM ---I'm thinking gunbroker.com might be the place to pick everything up.

Any opinions on that?
--- End quote ---

Gunbroker.com is awesome.  No reason not to check them out for deals and buy when you find.

David in MN:

--- Quote from: nelson96 on January 01, 2015, 09:38:01 AM ---Hey, wait a minute.  None of us "need" them, but they aren't silly.  ;)

--- End quote ---

The AK 47 "loudener"

http://snakehoundmachine.com/store/home/29-ak-loudener.html
 Looks like fun.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version