Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Firearms Advice For Beginners

Scared of guns... Alternatives?

<< < (8/9) > >>

Robinelli:
I just realized I possibly should've put my most recent post right here! Maybe the moderators will move it or maybe they won't, I'm not sure. But I would like to update here since I've found my old thread....

It took me a while but....
I have just purchased my first gun!  About a week ago I purchased a Glock 42 and I have been practicing with it quite a bit.  I am actually enjoying it a lot!  It turns out I love shooting!  Who would've guessed?  I am getting over the initial fear of the gun.  I was actually scared of even holding it empty at first.  I'm a pretty good shot from 15 yards but I am definitely in need of improvement.  I'd like to be pinpoint accurate ;) I feel like I'm not holding my head in the right position.  If anyone has any good videos for that I'd appreciate it.  I would also like recommendations for a good conceal and carry holster for this particular gun.  Thank you in advance for any suggestions!  :)

busymomx3:
I'm so glad you posted your update!  Before I went to the range with a girlfriend and tried the 22 I really wasn't wanting to shot a gun.  Boot camp wasn't the best introduction to shooting or guns LOL.  I'm glad your loving it.  I don't know of any videos but I really enjoyed this thread and am glad you have worked thru your fears. 

Alan Georges:
Hey Robenelli, welcome back, and congratulations on getting over those fears!

Robinelli:

--- Quote from: busymomx3 on July 20, 2014, 07:57:19 PM ---I'm so glad you posted your update!  Before I went to the range with a girlfriend and tried the 22 I really wasn't wanting to shot a gun.  Boot camp wasn't the best introduction to shooting or guns LOL.  I'm glad your loving it.  I don't know of any videos but I really enjoyed this thread and am glad you have worked thru your fears.

--- End quote ---

Thanks! I recently shot a Ruger 22 and LOVED it!!! I was a lot more accurate with it than the Glock, I guess because of the longer barrel.  I want one now! I can't figure out why people don't love those guns?!  Yes, getting one gun has opened me up to many new things and I spend time thinking about what I want next!  I really want a revolver, too!  LOL!  I'm practicing as often as I can. 

Robinelli:

--- Quote from: Alan Georges on July 20, 2014, 08:43:55 PM ---Hey Robenelli, welcome back, and congratulations on getting over those fears!

--- End quote ---

Thanks! Good to be back!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version