Site Suggestions, Support and Resources > Industry Reviews

Why Dollar Tree is good for preppers

(1/11) > >>

November Foxtrot:
Dollar tree has become my new favorite store. Since I'm in the infancy stages of prepping,  especially with regard to my finances,  I found myself seeking cheap ways to at least start living my version of the prepper lifestyle.

This place has a ton of stuff and everything IS
A DOLLAR!

Just a few examples of stuff I've gotten are below. Most are sheeple and prepper items so I can get buy in from my resistant wife.

-Small variety of canned veggies
-Advil,  anti diarrhal, antacids, antihistamine and more
-first aid tape, gauze,  peroxide,  alcohol, bandaids, anti bacterial ointments and more
-cheap flashlights, one in every room
-batteries
-small variety of hand tools
-containers of all sizes and types
-baggies
-foil, not for hat making
-duct tape
-lighters
-edc food items. I'm munching trail mix and slim Jim's and bottled water from my edc bag right now as I didn't get a lunch break today. Yum.
-six packs of bottled water
-personal care items.

I could go on for quite a bit more but I think everyone gets it. I haven't had any quality issues with anything from Dollar Tree yet. Most of the things are smaller sized which is great for edc or BOBs. 
Go check the place out.   

Cianaodh:
Excellent point! I've been focusing so much on the bulk items I forgot about the great bargains like the ones you listed from the dollar store. I'll be picking up some of these this weekend.

Herbalpagan:
I make it a habit to get to my Dollar Tree at least once a month. I am familiar with the prices of regular items I buy, so I don't hesitate to pick up similar items at Dollar Tree. You can also buy from them in BULK! The order can be shipped to your local store for a savings in shipping or delivered to you at a reasonable price.
Some of the things I get at Dollar Tree are:
cleaning supplies
containers
Milk (Gosner, althought they are surrently having an issue over pricing)
OTC's (and I buy them by the dozen!)
shampoo's and other beauty stuff
pie filling

porkchop:
Big Lots is another great under appreciated retailer when it comes to prepping items and other foodstuffs.
Their selection is always changing and can often contain hard to find items.

MightyRunt:

--- Quote from: PrimalTroy on January 06, 2012, 03:14:34 PM ---Excellent point! I've been focusing so much on the bulk items I forgot about the great bargains like the ones you listed from the dollar store.
--- End quote ---
Dollar tree is also great for stocking up on barter type items.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version