The TSP Marketplace > MURS-Radio.com

MURS for Security?

<< < (2/5) > >>

rob_ma:

--- Quote from: longhaul on January 21, 2010, 07:23:58 AM ---Has anyone found a way to communicate sound from one building to another: e.g. a smoke detector goes off in the barn and you hear it while sleeping in the house?  A baby monitor could do this, but a way to integrate with the MURS setup or similar seems better...

--- End quote ---

If the sound was loud enough (such as a smoke detector) you would use a radio with voice activated capability (VOX) to broadcast the sound over MURS. You could also set the radio's time out timer to turn off the transmitter after 30 seconds so that it doesn't tie up your communications system during the whole incident. You also need to remember that any conversation close to the radio will cause it to transmit as well.

The Dakota Alert radios do not have VOX but the Puxing PX-777 PLUS radio does.

- Rob

longhaul:
Great info. thanks Rob.
So this Puxing is the way to go then for that aspect of the system.  Its great it could pick up conversation-level sound too - putting one in an outbuilding then could inform me a few hundred feet away in the house of both a smoke detector going off and a break in there.  An intermittent sound like a smoke detector would still be picked up and be sent to another building/unit?
Is there a Puxing that is a base-station type of unit/not need batteries but could 'live' in the outbuilding and plug in? 

Thanks again...

inthego:
This guy on youtube did a review on the MURS Security...

HOW TO HARDEN YOUR HOME DEFENSE PART 1

rob_ma:

--- Quote from: longhaul on January 24, 2010, 07:59:55 PM ---So this Puxing is the way to go then for that aspect of the system.  Its great it could pick up conversation-level sound too - putting one in an outbuilding then could inform me a few hundred feet away in the house of both a smoke detector going off and a break in there.  An intermittent sound like a smoke detector would still be picked up and be sent to another building/unit?
--- End quote ---

If you set the VOX sensitivity high enough you should be able to hear any loud sounds in the vicinity of the radio.

--- Quote from: longhaul on January 24, 2010, 07:59:55 PM ---Is there a Puxing that is a base-station type of unit/not need batteries but could 'live' in the outbuilding and plug in? 

--- End quote ---

Not yet but I am hoping to see more Puxing products receive their FCC certification so that they can be legally imported and used in the US. Right now only the PX-777 PLUS hand held is available.

- Rob

rob_ma:

--- Quote from: inthego on January 24, 2010, 08:31:35 PM ---This guy on youtube did a review on the MURS Security...

HOW TO HARDEN YOUR HOME DEFENSE PART 1

--- End quote ---

I stumbled upon this a couple of months ago and found out that he had purchased his equipment from me.

- Rob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version