Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Food Preps

Coupon Tips

(1/11) > >>

KYdoomer:
Hi everyone.  I know most people don't think of coupons as a prep since they are a marketing device and disappear with the collapse of society if it ever comes. 

During my layoff I became a coupon junkie so I thought I'd share what I know and hopefully someone here can share and I can feed the habit.

Websites:

www.Coupons.com
www.Smartsource.com
www.redplum.com
www.Freebies4mom.com

Additional tips--I frequent www.walmart.com.  There is a section there (instore) and at www.Kroger.com on the website where you can find what free samples they have.  Free samples themselves are great but usually they come with excellent coupons.  I picked up a box of Kashi cereal last weekend for 25 cents.  I've gotten hotdogs and mustard for free.

Then of course there is the Sunday paper.  If you find a really good deal you can actually ask a convenient store for their leftover papers on Sunday night and stock up on coupons which helps you stock up on food.

This can only help a prepper who is trying to stock a larder.

Anyone with other tips/hints?

J

Edited by F_M to fix the links

Sunnybrook:
I am a coupon clipping queen! I am a fan of the subscription based services where current coupons are matched up with weekly sales flyers and in-store sales.  At first I was not convinced it was worth my $ to pay for what I could do myself for free.  But if you don't know where to start, it's nice to have some hand holding and guidance.  I would recommend www.thegrocerygame.com  because they have a 30 day trial period for just $1.  They've got a huge forum and hints for newbies.  After the trial period you have to pay for the list for each store individually. (At $5/store it can be expensive!!)

My favorite is the cheapest service, and it just happens to be local to the DFW area, so I don't know if it would be helpful in other areas of the country.  This service is $10 a month and has lists for Tom Thumb, Albertson's, Kroger, Walgreen's, and CVS. www.sistersofsavings.com

Although I haven't used this one, www.couponmom.com, is recommended by Dave Ramsey.

The bottom line is to buy multiple Sunday papers and cut out coupons for items that you want to purchase.  Then try to buy in bulk when the item is on sale and you can use your coupon in conjunction and get a huge discount.  Sometimes you can find items for free or next to nothing.  Today I bought 4 bottles of 24 oz Hunt's ketchup for $1.80 or $0.45 each.  They were on sale for $0.95/bottle and I used two "$1.00 off two coupons".

Sunnybrook:
Here are a few more links to add to KYdoomer's list:

www.shortcuts.com
www.pgesaver.com
www.eversavebaby.com
www.eversave.com

Many of your favorite products will email or mail you coupons if you contact their customer service departments or sign up on their website. 

Wal-Mart sells a magazine called "All You" that is loaded with coupons!

Mary Hunt's free newsletter "Everyday Cheapskate" on www.debtproofliving.com has great hints as well.

DevilDoc:
I got 20 progresso soup coupons from a person on ebay cost me 2 bucks shipping was a dollar.
50 cents off each can, great part is you dont have to add water.

Also Check for Lowes coupons 10% off this works great, i go 5 for 4.25 on ebay and I found out you can get these from moving packs at your post office for address change packets. good for making shelves to stock up on or other needs.

bartsdad:

--- Quote from: DevilDoc on March 17, 2010, 01:11:21 AM ---Also Check for Lowes coupons 10% off this works great, i go 5 for 4.25 on ebay and I found out you can get these from moving packs at your post office for address change packets. good for making shelves to stock up on or other needs.

--- End quote ---

Home Depot also honors these coupons from Lowes. FYI.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version