Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Food Preps

Help, can't understand my new oven!

<< < (2/7) > >>

Carver:
functions: reheat, keep warm, bake, roast, rotisserie, broil etc?

David in MN:
https://www.amazon.com/Quarts-Kitchen-Convection-Oven-Countertop/dp/B01JIBOA7U/ref=asc_df_B01JIBOA7U/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167141308073&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10584673202822808198&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9019583&hvtargid=pla-312001022138&psc=1

"Ability to Cook, Bake, Grill, Broil, Roast & Toast"

You should be able to do all that and rotisserie so setting the temperature would have no effect on the toast or broil functions. It's there for the other functions.

Better than some of the Italian interfaces I've used but that's pretty bad.

Gamer:
Thanks people, with your help and trial and error I've worked it out ;D
I mistakenly thought the word "Hotplate" referred to the top dial, but in fact it refers only to the red light that comes on when the hotplates are on..:D

As regards the bottom dial, yes that's the oven settings, the icons on it are explained in the manual, for example yesterday I did myself some chips and fish fingers in the oven using the "Upper and lower heating elements" setting and they came out fine.

However there's another setting I don't understand, namely the "Upper and lower heating elements with fan assist" setting
Stupid question time- What does the fan do exactly, what's it FOR and why should I want to use it? :-\

Carver:

--- Quote ---However there's another setting I don't understand, namely the "Upper and lower heating elements with fan assist" setting
Stupid question time- What does the fan do exactly, what's it FOR and why should I want to use it? :-\

--- End quote ---

That would be what is known as a convection oven setting. It will heat up faster at a lower temperature.

iam4liberty:
 :o My guess is that this is the prototype for the one in the International Space Station. May need to call flight control...

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/space-no-one-can-hear-you-nom-space-station-getting-cookie-baking-oven-1-180973455/
With a ‘Zero G’ Oven, Astronauts Can Have Their Cookies, but They Can’t Eat Them Too

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version