Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Homesteading and Self Reliant Living

compact tractor suggestions

(1/2) > >>

Packerfan78:
Hey guys,
I live in the phoenix arizona area. I have 10 acres of land that at one time was used for alfalfa. I have my homestead on it now and am looking for a compact tractor for clearing the land annually, general farm work(i have horses, goats and chickens/turkeys) and landscaping/gardening. Does anybody have a good suggestion for a starter compact tractor?

Mr. Bill:
You might want to check out these three previous forum topics -- lots of good info and conflicting opinions! ;D

tractors - recommendations

Help with deciding on a tractor (merged topics)

Tractor shopping, need some advice

outoforder2day:
I picked up a Kubota B2650 for my 14 acre half-woods, half-field homestead. Initial attachments were a brush hog, belly mower, front end loader with skidsteer attachment plate & bucket, and a brush grapple. It has been a perfect fit for us. We also have several Kubota dealers in our area, so it made the decision easy.

CarbideAndIron:
I use my buddie's LS on my property when I need one. It's a nice piece of machinery. I think it's the jx2025, and brand new, was only $16k with attachments. His property is mostly a pretty steep hill, and it goes up and down that great. I think it's 25hp.
My other buddy just picked up a real nice John Deere, same size, for $25k. I don't see the $9k difference. I'll definitely look at LS and Kubota in the future. If you don't need 4wd, an old Ford would be great for you.

richardr:
Goat tractor. seriously. They'll nibble everything they can reach down to a nub. That includes tree branches.  Then just re-deploy their pen. Plus you get free fertilizer everywhere.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version