Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > General Firearm Discussion

The Window is about to CLOSE. Get your guns and ammo NOW.

<< < (2/53) > >>

Carl:
  I can build what I can't buy.

mountainmoma:
Ok, maybe I should buy a modern sprting rifle, htey are light weight, adjustable, etc.... but maybe expensive ? Are there still components to put together ?  ANd, even if I do or dont buy a new one, I have some practice ammo, but what would be a good actual round for the mini-14, not just for practice ? And, how many rounds should one have...... My house is only so big.....

David in MN:
I'll start by saying I personally have over 1000 rounds of each 5.56, .308, 9mm, .45 ACP, .38 Special, and well north of 5k of 12 gauge. I believe in buying and storing ammo. Oh forgot 20k of .22.

The market is telling us this is a buyer's opportunity. I don't know about legal stuff and how laws might change but with Remington filing for bankruptcy you know the market is tight and margins suck. Basically it's the best deal you'll get.

For a long time I worked a job that had early Fridays in the summer and my wife didn't. I would swing by Fleet Farm and buy a brick of .22 and something else, mow the lawn, shower, and have Champagne on ice when she got home at 5. A couple years of that even when I shot a lot built up quite the stock. That was when 500 .22 and 20 5.56 ran me $20.

If you can work a weekly small ammo purchase you will not regret it. My last walk through Fleet Farm 12 gauge was on a deep sale. $5 a box. $50 would buy 250 rounds of either #8, #7.5, or #6. I wouldn't taunt a guy with 250 rounds of upland game load. I like #4 Buck but the sales are good.

surfivor:

I am thinking of voting for Republicans. I have never done that before but rather in the past I abstained from voting. I will have to lie and tell my mother I didn’t vote. This shows you that telling the truth is not always necessary and sometimes white lies are perfectly fine

mountainmoma:

--- Quote from: David in MN on September 29, 2018, 11:55:13 AM ---I'll start by saying I personally have over 1000 rounds of each 5.56, .308, 9mm, .45 ACP, .38 Special, and well north of 5k of 12 gauge. I believe in buying and storing ammo. Oh forgot 20k of .22.

The market is telling us this is a buyer's opportunity. I don't know about legal stuff and how laws might change but with Remington filing for bankruptcy you know the market is tight and margins suck. Basically it's the best deal you'll get.

For a long time I worked a job that had early Fridays in the summer and my wife didn't. I would swing by Fleet Farm and buy a brick of .22 and something else, mow the lawn, shower, and have Champagne on ice when she got home at 5. A couple years of that even when I shot a lot built up quite the stock. That was when 500 .22 and 20 5.56 ran me $20.

If you can work a weekly small ammo purchase you will not regret it. My last walk through Fleet Farm 12 gauge was on a deep sale. $5 a box. $50 would buy 250 rounds of either #8, #7.5, or #6. I wouldn't taunt a guy with 250 rounds of upland game load. I like #4 Buck but the sales are good.

--- End quote ---

There are no decent stores close by ( big 5 may have  few boxes of this and that, dont count on what you may want, and that is a 35 minute drive), so for me, it has to be more at a time, less often, and usually mail order, which, yes, we can do, but only thru a licensed ammo seller, and some people have stepped up and started small at home businesses fully licensed by the state to do so..... probably time to order before they add the costs of background checks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version