Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Firearms Training

Chemsoldier's Pistol Training Log

<< < (2/4) > >>

Chemsoldier:

--- Quote from: Ms. Albatross on January 02, 2018, 06:49:09 PM ---Sadly, it doesn't seem to be available for sale anymore.

--- End quote ---
https://tacticalprofessor.wordpress.com/2016/07/30/indoor-range-practice-sessions/

This what replaced the PPP. I can't vouch for it, but it's what Claude is selling now. It should be a lot better than not doing it.

CarbideAndIron:
This is a great idea to log this. I'll be following along. I have definitely slacked off training my skills consistently.

Sailor:
Putting extra time into this myself, mostly because of my 52 year old eyes, I can not focus well on that front sight and moved to an RMR optic.  That is taking some getting used to. 

What always throws me off in training is mixing in medical and comms.  It all goes great until there is a simulated injury and or frantic bystanders, working around that  and getting your hits is always challenging.  Not something you are going be able to a square range though.

Ms. Albatross:

--- Quote from: Chemsoldier on January 02, 2018, 07:41:24 PM ---https://tacticalprofessor.wordpress.com/2016/07/30/indoor-range-practice-sessions/

This what replaced the PPP. I can't vouch for it, but it's what Claude is selling now. It should be a lot better than not doing it.

--- End quote ---

Thank you!

Chemsoldier:
3 JAN 2017:
One Hand Routine:
5 trigger presses at a spot target Strong Hand Only (SHO) (you start pointed at the target)
5 trigger presses, presentation from low ready to a silhouette target, SHO
5 trigger presses, presentation from high compressed ready to a silhouette target, SHO
5 trigger presses, presentation from the holster to a silhouette target, SHO
5 trigger presses at a spot target (fine aiming point), Weak Hand Only
5 trigger presses, presentation from low ready to a silhouette target, SHO
5 trigger presses at a spot target Strong Hand Only (SHO)

Try to remember to follow through, stay oriented on the target after the trigger breaks for a moment.  I have to fight the urge to rapidly cycle the slide to reset the striker after the trigger snaps.  It is also sometimes tempting to rapidly reholster, don't do it.  Its a bad habit, speed reholstering is responsible for a lot of negligent discharges. I am keeping the number of trigger presses pretty low. Make each one its own little event.

I notice a lot more movement of the front site in one handed fire than two handed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version