Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Firearms Training

Chemsoldier's Pistol Training Log

<< < (4/4)

Chemsoldier:
24 JAN 18:
Wall Drill today.  The Wall Drill is simply a dry fire drill where you aim at a blank wall an inch or so in front of the muzzle.  It is important to not use any aiming spot or have anything in front of the muzzle that will draw your attention.  The point of the exercise is to focus hard on your front site and to practice perfect sight alignment and trigger press.  Do not let your alignment change as the trigger breaks.

More on the practice:
http://pistol-training.com/archives/118

Today I did 20 using two handed fire, 10 strong hand only, 10 Weak Hand Only and finally did 10 more SHO since I noticed that my WHO was actually better aligned than Strong Handed.

rodgers65:
I struggled for years doing a similar program to yours and never saw much improvement.  (Maxed out at low ESP/SSP Expert for longer than I'd care to admit) 

Then I got on to Steve Anderson's Refinement and Repetition.  He has a pretty good podcast too, That Shooting Show.  If you listen, you'll hear him preach about his 12 drills.  They're the first 12 drills out of Refinement and Repetition.  Do each one for x-number of minutes a night and you'll see results, blah, blah, blah. 

So I tried it for a month, just two mintues/drill (about 35 minutes/night total).  At my next match, I won top overall (80+ people).

Buy the book and listen to his podcast to hear how it should be applied (he's a bit of an oddball, fair warning).  You'll save yourself years of aggravation. 

Chemsoldier:

--- Quote from: rodgers65 on January 25, 2018, 12:58:22 PM ---I struggled for years doing a similar program to yours and never saw much improvement.  (Maxed out at low ESP/SSP Expert for longer than I'd care to admit) 

Then I got on to Steve Anderson's Refinement and Repetition.  He has a pretty good podcast too, That Shooting Show.  If you listen, you'll hear him preach about his 12 drills.  They're the first 12 drills out of Refinement and Repetition.  Do each one for x-number of minutes a night and you'll see results, blah, blah, blah. 

So I tried it for a month, just two mintues/drill (about 35 minutes/night total).  At my next match, I won top overall (80+ people).

Buy the book and listen to his podcast to hear how it should be applied (he's a bit of an oddball, fair warning).  You'll save yourself years of aggravation.

--- End quote ---
Thank you for the feedback.  I will check out Anderson's stuff.

Chemsoldier:
Allright. After a bunch of time in the field and a week of just being lazy I am back at it.

24 Feb 2018: Did the basic dryfire routine mentioned above. (1 day of dryfire)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version