Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Firearms Training

Anyone attend an Appleseed shoot today?

(1/4) > >>

Papijoe:
I had the pleasure and honor of attending the Harvard MA Patriots Day shoot this weekend, not far from Lexington and Concord.

The instructors did a tremendous job as always. Still haven't got my patch but everything started to come together at the end and next time I'll have what it takes

I understand there were a number of other Appleseeds this weekend. It would be great to hear from anyone else who was there.

Chemsoldier:
I am out of sector at the moment and was not able to attend.  Keep working to get your patch!  It took me a while also, remember that your patch is not just earned at a shoot, its earned on the floor of your living room with the dry fire.

Papijoe:
Thanks for the encouragement and you make a great point

The preparation directly impacts the kind of experience you have

Despite going over the checklist I forgot/misplace things like a good mat, my staple gun and the key to my chamber lock. In all cases the instructors and other shooters kept us on the line but it would have been better to have been better equipped. I also realized elbow and knee pads would have helped with the prone shooting

We also needed a lot more prep time with our guns and other hardware like zeroed in sights and optics. Sometimes it's better to go and use a loaner if that's your only option but the next time you will se the value in proven hardware

Chemsoldier:

--- Quote from: Papijoe on April 20, 2015, 06:26:15 AM --- I also realized elbow and knee pads would have helped with the prone shooting

--- End quote ---
I find the pads wiggle too much for my taste.  I prefer to put the padding on the ground than on myself, but your mileage may vary.

car54:

--- Quote from: Papijoe on April 20, 2015, 06:26:15 AM ---Thanks for the encouragement and you make a great point

The preparation directly impacts the kind of experience you have

Despite going over the checklist I forgot/misplace things like a good mat, my staple gun and the key to my chamber lock. In all cases the instructors and other shooters kept us on the line but it would have been better to have been better equipped. I also realized elbow and knee pads would have helped with the prone shooting

We also needed a lot more prep time with our guns and other hardware like zeroed in sights and optics. Sometimes it's better to go and use a loaner if that's your only option but the next time you will se the value in proven hardware

--- End quote ---

I've done Appleseed a few times. what kind of rifle are you using?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version