Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Needles & Strings

To many?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Cedar:
SP was given a handmade baby quilt when she was born from the hospital. All of the babies get one. A local woman, a group of teens at schools and a quilters group make them and donate them to the hospital.. it is one of my favorite baby things SP got.

Cedar

TexasGirl:

--- Quote from: Cedar on July 02, 2014, 07:37:32 AM ---SP was given a handmade baby quilt when she was born from the hospital. All of the babies get one. A local woman, a group of teens at schools and a quilters group make them and donate them to the hospital.. it is one of my favorite baby things SP got.

Cedar

--- End quote ---

That's really cool.

My grandmother used to crochet a lot, I still have some of her things.  I'm too impatient (always been a bit hyperactive) and prefer quilting.  Seems like more ground gets covered per hour.  So, I really respect the work that goes into crochet or knitting.

~TG

busymomx3:
I would love to learn to quilt.

Theswerd:
I keep wanting to pick up this skill, but time and money (mostly money) keep me from it. Sigh. Maybe soon...

(Maybe I can ask for a starter kit for my birthday next month...)

Morning Sunshine:

--- Quote from: Theswerd on July 02, 2014, 08:50:25 AM ---I keep wanting to pick up this skill, but time and money (mostly money) keep me from it. Sigh. Maybe soon...

(Maybe I can ask for a starter kit for my birthday next month...)

--- End quote ---

no need for money.  look on freecycle for yarn cluttering up someone's house.  A crochet hook is cheap.  And most areas have a knitters guild that meet once a month that love to teach knitting, crochet, and tatting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version