Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > General Firearm Discussion

Re: "Firearms for TEOTWAWKI" - Discussion Thread

<< < (2/12) > >>

Heavy G:
Whatz Hizname:

Sweet.  May I humbly suggest a sentence in your AR-15 section on adding a .22LR converstion bolt to the gun for cheap shooting practice. 

Here's a link to a review of a converstion bolt I did on TSP: http://thesurvivalpodcast.com/forum/index.php?topic=2817.0

wbo3:
Awesome Thread, is this going to be consolidated into a PDF in the future so we can download and/or print it?

Chris Redfield:
Whatz,

Your image for the Mini-14 is broken (Tripod doesn't allow hotlinking)

I can also turn this into a print-friendly PDF for you once it's done, unless you're already planning on doing this yourself.

Thanks!

whatzhizname:

--- Quote from: PistolWhipped on April 12, 2009, 09:34:03 PM ---If you'd like a little help with handguns, I'd be honored to assist.  I do know my way around a pistol pretty well (or am a handgun snob, depending on whom you ask :) ).

--- End quote ---

PistolWhipped,
I'd welcome any assistance. :) You can tell by the layout how I'm structuring this (eventual) PDF book so if you want to follow the template I'm using you could post an entry (or multiple entries) about a handgun (using Wiki or another open "free" source) and then include PISTOLWHIPPED NOTES.  :)

--- Quote ---Sweet.  May I humbly suggest a sentence in your AR-15 section on adding a .22LR converstion bolt to the gun for cheap shooting practice.
--- End quote ---

I was going to include information about conversions and sub-caliber devices in the "Special Equipment" section, but you're correct a brief sentence in the AR-15 writeup would get the existence of such devices on a reader's radar and then they could read more about them in the other section. :)

--- Quote ---Awesome Thread, is this going to be consolidated into a PDF in the future so we can download and/or print it?
--- End quote ---

Yes!  That's why I'm writing it. :)  As a resource for anyone who wants to explore the use of firearms as part of a TEOTWAWKI plan.  I'm trying something different and composing each post as I go (writing it online basically).  So far it's been working. :)

--- Quote ---Your image for the Mini-14 is broken (Tripod doesn't allow hotlinking)

I can also turn this into a print-friendly PDF for you once it's done, unless you're already planning on doing this yourself.
--- End quote ---

I noticed that the day I started this thread, but can't seem to go back and edit older posts (I'm not sure why) so I'll correct it in the PDF version.  Thanks for pointing it out. 
As far as the PDF, that would be great.  My only question would be using images from Wiki or other sources.  I don't want to get into copyright issues.  That said, I welcome the help of compiling it into a print-friendly PDF when it's done being written.  Then I'm hoping Jack can maybe host it here or Kev from http://www.survivalistboards.com/ .  I'm just doing it to help the community, and because I liked Mel Tappan's book when I was a kid. 

Chris Redfield:

--- Quote from: whatzhizname on April 13, 2009, 01:01:08 PM ---As far as the PDF, that would be great.  My only question would be using images from Wiki or other sources.  I don't want to get into copyright issues.  That said, I welcome the help of compiling it into a print-friendly PDF when it's done being written.  Then I'm hoping Jack can maybe host it here or Kev from http://www.survivalistboards.com/ .  I'm just doing it to help the community, and because I liked Mel Tappan's book when I was a kid. 

--- End quote ---

Best solution here is to ask TSP forum members for pictures of their own personal guns, and permission to use them in the PDF guide - that adds a personal touch! :)

Failing that, as long as you're not planning to sell this book, that would fall under the "Fair Use" guidelines, as you're not trying to profit off the photos and they are being used for illustrative and representative purposes only.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version