Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Needles & Strings

Post Your Projects!

(1/9) > >>

AvenueQ:
You know what this board needs? A place where we can share our projects with each other. I get so many great ideas just from looking at other people's projects. It can be anything fiber related: knitting, crocheting, weaving, spinning, sewing, felting, tatting, etc. Include what materials you used and if you used a pattern.

I'll start. I finished this knitted shawl about a year ago and I couldn't be happier with the results. I used a little over one ball of Schoppel Wolle's Zauberball in color 1536 Fuchsia with a US size 6 circular needle (32" cable). The pattern is called Revontuli-huivi Northern Lights and is available for free on Ravelry (direct link to pattern, requires free account). If I make another one I'll probably use a worsted weight instead of fingering weight so that it will be bigger.

This is a great pattern for beginning lace knitters. It is simple to follow and looks amazing when completed. In order to get similar results, you should use a yarn with long color changes such as Zauberball, Kauni, or Chroma.

(Sorry, can't get it to rotate the right way).

Would it be possible to make this thread a sticky?

Cedar:
It says your photo is deleted!!  :(

This winter I SHALL make the mate to this sock!

The problem however is I did not use a pattern, so I am going to have to recount everything that I did. The wools are mine from my sheep, handspun, natural colours.

Cedar

AvenueQ:

--- Quote from: Cedar on October 15, 2013, 06:53:29 PM ---It says your photo is deleted!!  :(

--- End quote ---

Oops, fixed it, thanks! Beautiful sock by the way.

Cedar:
Thanks. It is not my fanciest, but it is my thickest for tired feets.  ;D
That lace shawl is amazing.

Cedar

AvenueQ:
Here's another one. I made this for my mom as a birthday gift a few years back.

Yarn - Zwerger Garn Handpainted by Opal, 1 ball (sock weight, 75/25 wool/nylon blend)
Needle - US 7, 32" cable
Pattern - Out of My Head Shawlette, available for free on Ravelry.

Here it is directly off the needles.

After a wet block.

Best example I have of the importance of blocking. I actually wrote a blog post about blocking, if you're interested.

My mom says she always gets compliments when she wears it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version