Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > General Firearm Discussion

How to buy a used gun

<< < (8/8)

ResidentCelt:
Felons can't vote in some states either. Voter registration (if it's relatively recent) can be used in place of a permit to establish non-felon-ness in those states. http://felonvoting.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000286

However, some states allow voting rights to be restored but not gun rights, so tread carefully.

Gamer:
I recently watched a youtube vid called something like "Exploding guns compilation" and it scared the hell out of me as handguns and rifles exploded in peoples hands.
As a Brit, what the hell do I know about guns, but if I bought one I think I'd always buy brand new and hang the cost, because to put it bluntly we never know where a used gun has been in the past, for example it might have been dropped or run over or been laying at the bottom of a river full of mud, or showing signs of metal fatigue or rusty innards etc.
Oops sorry was I being paranoid?..;)

archer:

--- Quote from: Gamer on May 10, 2019, 07:10:54 AM ---I recently watched a youtube vid called something like "Exploding guns compilation" and it scared the hell out of me as handguns and rifles exploded in peoples hands.
As a Brit, what the hell do I know about guns, but if I bought one I think I'd always buy brand new and hang the cost, because to put it bluntly we never know where a used gun has been in the past, for example it might have been dropped or run over or been laying at the bottom of a river full of mud, or showing signs of metal fatigue or rusty innards etc.
Oops sorry was I being paranoid?..;)

--- End quote ---

just a bit... after all, if a lot of guns explode, lawyers would put the companies out of business.. i'm not saying they dont, but its not that bad. in over a year of being a range officer ive only seen 1 have problems like that and it was due to bad ammo. a savage 17 hmr bolt rifle.

Gamer:

--- Quote from: archer on May 13, 2019, 05:28:09 PM ---..if a lot of guns explode, lawyers would put the companies out of business.. i'm not saying they dont, but its not that bad. in over a year of being a range officer ive only seen 1 have problems like that and it was due to bad ammo. a savage 17 hmr bolt rifle.
--- End quote ---

Thanks, but looking at it purely from a survival angle, I should imagine old second-hand guns are more likely to explode/jam/misfire/malfunction than brand-spanking-new ones, so as survivalists isn't it our duty to buy new guns to protect ourselves and our families even though they're more expensive than old used ones?
Can we put a price on our lives?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version