Site Suggestions, Support and Resources > Show Discussions, Fan Mail and Topic Suggestions

Spreading The Survival Podcast Word or Guerilla Marketing

<< < (2/28) > >>

Patriot:Ex Machina:

--- Quote from: DeltaEchoVictor on September 23, 2008, 12:44:49 AM ---Here's what I've been doing.

I download the show from iTunes & after I've listened to them or downloaded them to my iPod I convert the show to a CD burnable format.  Then I burn discs of the show & leave them in strategic places at work or wherever I happen to be going.  I label the disc "The Survival Podcast", ya know, 'cause that what it is & provide a link written on the disc to Jack's website. 

I actually do this with anything I think needs to be heard.  You don't have to spend much money doing this, CD's & jewel cases are cheap when bought in bulk & you only need to leave a copy or two someplace once or twice a week.  I'm assuming it works since I've never run across one of my own discs when I've gone back to someplace I've left one.

--- End quote ---

So, if I download iTunes Software, and use that to get the podcasts, I can burn it to disc? Cool! See, I learned something new today!

ModernSurvival:
Yep iTunes software has a burn to CD function you just need to burn it as an "audio cd".  You can also download the shows right from my site and convert and distribute however you choose.  Again the only thing that may require approval would be commercial distribution.

ColdHaven:
This is an awesome idea. Never thought of it. I have just been telling friends, neighbors, and family about the show and even letting them listen to some of the podcasts that they might be interested in. Like my mother, for example, would like the information about the economy, attracting wildlife, and gardening. We are going to till the earth on her property very soon and start planting next spring. I am looking into finding someone who can teach me how to hunt and clean food I get. I don' t think I would have a problem hitting my target, its just what you do with it afterwards, thats the problem for me.

8) I would say that the reason so many people are excited about this because it is the truth, spoken in everyday speech, and it is something people can stand behind and believe in. It should be a reflection to the good that you are doing Jack, and any of us, who prepare ourselves and others.

DrGonzo:
Is there a way to take one of the logo banners and create an embedded link, so I can post a banner link on my blog, myspace, etc?  That would be a great way to spread the word. 

*edit*

Figured it out.  Played with the HTML code on ImageShack.

Not official, but it'll do till we get the real ones launched. 

archer:
This is a great guerilla marketing idea! I'll have to burn the first show and maybe a select other 1 or 2 and leave them on light rail in the Bay Area.... Good idea!!! Hmm, I'll have to create a label with the logo on it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version