Finance and Economics > Economic News, the Global Economy and all Things Monetary

Gold is a Terrible Investment - According to Dave Ramsey

<< < (27/29) > >>

Dentoro:
In some cases up to 75 tons of rock have to be moved and pulverized for 1 oz gold. EAsy gold is gone.  Some mines are way deep now and have low grade ore.  What does this mean?  It takes a lot of work/ energy to get.  Somebody has to work and it will never lose all value. Yes we need currency to survive.  BUT...  Currency is created by button pushing. As Celente says...not worth the digital paper it's not printed on anymore.  In 3-7% of the total time....thousands and millions can be printed by cutting down a tree.  So the store of value in gold is real...it can't be argued.  As for investment....case can be argued.  But as of the last six years, I'd rather had the gold than the 0.025% interest on a CD.  Gold has trounced that in that time.  As far as stocks, who really knows?  We know gold is pushed down while stock is floated by FEDRES.  IF WE HAD KNOWN BOTH WERE GOING TO BE MANUPLATED FOR SO LONG....stocks would have been a no brainer.  But those of us who invested in Gold in 1999 -2000 are doing ok still, and will make back any gains lost when the market does go bust. 

ResidentCelt:
But those who bought gold in 2011 or 2012 are doing horribly... My rifle I bought in 2012 is worth a bit more than I paid for it. My gold is worth much less. Which was the better investment?

bigbear:

--- Quote from: Dentoro on February 12, 2015, 12:34:26 PM ---In some cases up to 75 tons of rock have to be moved and pulverized for 1 oz gold. EAsy gold is gone.  Some mines are way deep now and have low grade ore.  What does this mean?  It takes a lot of work/ energy to get.  Somebody has to work and it will never lose all value. Yes we need currency to survive.  BUT...  Currency is created by button pushing. As Celente says...not worth the digital paper it's not printed on anymore.  In 3-7% of the total time....thousands and millions can be printed by cutting down a tree.  So the store of value in gold is real...it can't be argued.

--- End quote ---

Just because someone works for it does not give it value.  Someone has to want the output of that work for some reason to give it value.

Dentoro:
Resident Celt, I feel your pain as im sitting on a mountain of $23 silver.  But I also bought @ 3, 5,6,9,11 and 14 and 18.  However I still think it is better than a government ran 401 that we all know they will be taking. 

Bigbear you are right, to a point, but if it is not coveted or valued, why do so many work so hard to get it and why do governments keep so much of it?

endurance:

--- Quote from: Dentoro on March 20, 2015, 02:17:09 PM ---Resident Celt, I feel your pain as im sitting on a mountain of $23 silver.  But I also bought @ 3, 5,6,9,11 and 14 and 18.  However I still think it is better than a government ran 401 that we all know they will be taking. 

Bigbear you are right, to a point, but if it is not coveted or valued, why do so many work so hard to get it and why do governments keep so much of it?

--- End quote ---
What countries keep silver reserves?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version