Finance and Economics > The Money Board

How to Save your Cellphone

<< < (2/3) > >>

archer:
This thread really went down the toilet...

djturnz:
I too work for an electronic manufacturer.  We use a board washer that is essentially a big dishwasher.  It is mainly used to clean flux residue after the boards have been through Wave solder or Selective solder.

DeltaEchoVictor:
I ditched my cellphone about 3 months ago.  Right at the top of the list of the best things I ever did, I don't miss it.  One less thing to carry & several less people I have to give a crap about caring whether or not they can get hold of me.

My philosophy now is, if I want to talk to you I'll call you.

I wonder how people lived before they had all these conveniences? **rhetorical question**

GroundPounder:
I envy you!  My job requires it.  It is amazing how everyone is expected to be available at all times.  For a while I could not get reception out at my rural property but unfortunately they recently put a tower out there :(

DeltaEchoVictor:

--- Quote from: GroundPounder on October 28, 2008, 07:38:13 AM ---I envy you!  My job requires it.  It is amazing how everyone is expected to be available at all times.  For a while I could not get reception out at my rural property but unfortunately they recently put a tower out there :(

--- End quote ---

How true. 

I went thru withdrawals for a while, it was an odd feeling for sure. 

I was in EMS for several years & was always on call, whether for the ambulance or the ER, there was always someone that had to know where I was & if I was available.  I'm amazed I waited so long to finally get rid of it.  I'm also a HAM radio operator so it's a little weird to not want to always be available.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version