Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Transportation

The official 'post pics of your BOV thread'

<< < (4/67) > >>

TimSuggs:
You are right about the lack of aftermarket support for the Sterling 10.25.  There is only a couple of places that sell R&P's and the ratio is severely limited.  But it is a full floater design though and I really like that aspect.

I got to wheel a few weeks ago with a guy in a 6x6 Pinzgauer.  That thing was a MULE!  They are not as big as they look like in the pictures.  I have a little bit of "Mog" time as well and they too are Mountain Goats.  I really want to pick up both a Unimog and a Pinzgauer to "play" with.

Tim.

minimalist:
When I was a teenager I had a '68 Volkswagen Camper Bus. It had a roof that popped up and cots folded down, the backseat folded into a bed, and it had some cabinets and a little table. The engine caught fire and the whole thing burned. But if you could find a bus like that in good condition, it might make a good BOV. Lots of carrying capacity and the means to sleep a few people. Probably couldn't take it off road much, though.

This is just an image I found online; mine was an earlier model than this but you get the idea.

TimSuggs:

--- Quote from: minimalist on August 30, 2009, 09:24:17 PM ---But if you could find a bus like that in good condition, it might make a good BOV.

--- End quote ---

Minimalist...  They are indeed still out there!  I went to a BugBlast last weekend here in Birmingham, AL trying to hook up with ColdfishGirl and her family at the event, but man there must have been at least 50 of the VW Hippy Micro-Bus there.  Most complete with tiedyed interiors and accessories to complete the "period: look.  I saw many different configurations of them that I either didn't know existed, or had simply never noticed before.

Tim.

vicious:
My current BOV. I'm planning on upgrading to something a little larger, perhaps a grand cherokee or larger, but this will always be with me. It was my first car, and I've owned it over half my life, so there's some history there.

Goatdog62:

--- Quote from: vicious on August 31, 2009, 07:59:43 PM ---My current BOV. I'm planning on upgrading to something a little larger, perhaps a grand cherokee or larger, but this will always be with me. It was my first car, and I've owned it over half my life, so there's some history there.

--- End quote ---

A blue Wrangler. My favorite Jeep. Is it a hardtop?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version