Author Topic: Cell phone/CCW combination  (Read 4114 times)

pilltender

Cell phone/CCW combination
« on: September 05, 2009, 06:12:38 AM »
I found a video along with a website a while back that demonstrated and sold concealed carry holsters that also held a cell phone.  It looked like a regular cell phone holster, but on the other end was a paddle holster that fit inside the pants for concealed carry.  The gentleman in the video was demonstrating how to use it.  Does anyone know the name of this company or the location of the website? 

Thank you,
Tawny Peirce

Offline firetoad

• Guardian of The Gateway
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Dedicated Contributor
Re: Cell phone/CCW combination
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 06:22:17 AM »
Is this what you are looking for:

http://www.pagerpal.com/

Offline fratermus

• Survivalist Mentor
  • snowbird / boondocker
    • boondock plan
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 11:14:15 AM »
I was going to say it reminds me of the old pager pal holster.  Beat me to it.

I have never found that my body shape is amenable to IWB holsters. 

Offline donald150

• Prepper
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 01:34:44 PM »
If you watch the video, even the maker of the holster demonstates that it takes two hands to retrieve the gun. I wonder how that would work for you when you are using one hand to hold the wrist of the bad guy to keep him from stabbing you. Or your one hand is just plain disabled. This is also the same reason to ALWAYS keep a round in the chamber.

I use DeSantis IWB holsters but the next holster I buy will be a Crossbreed http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/

Offline Hamilton

• Prepper
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 10:25:12 AM »
I saw this one demonstrated at a CCW class this weekend. Looked like a simple and comfortable design.

http://www.travelingccw.com/travelwebpage/Cell_Pal_Holsters.html

.30-30

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 11:05:32 AM »
If you watch the video, even the maker of the holster demonstates that it takes two hands to retrieve the gun. I wonder how that would work for you when you are using one hand to hold the wrist of the bad guy to keep him from stabbing you. Or your one hand is just plain disabled. This is also the same reason to ALWAYS keep a round in the chamber.

I use DeSantis IWB holsters but the next holster I buy will be a Crossbreed http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/

x10000000

IMO:
any holster that requires two hands to draw is worthless.  i have even chosen to carry at ~4o'clock IWB so as to be able to "draw" with my left hand behind my back.

i personally carry IWB using a kholster.com (leather/kydex hybrid like crossbreed).  if i need true deep concealment, i will 'borrow' my wife's snubby model 36 and pocket carry.

i have often thought a cell phone carrier integrated into a holster would make for a great visual deterrent, but i don't particularly care for any holster that carries low beneath the waistband (this one or the smart carry).

Offline patrat

• Survivor
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 01:29:29 PM »
I almost bought one of these, but did some last minute research. Apparently many people who buy them, hate them. The summary I got was:
*Hard to draw
*Prints like a giant erection in your leg, when doing anything but standing. Esp. bad with jeans.

Convinced me to keep my Comp Tac.

Offline donald150

• Prepper
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 02:09:16 PM »
leave the pager in the 1990's and get a good holster

I got my crossbreed "super tuck " holster a couple of weeks ago. It is the best holster I have ever had. I like it so much I am going to make them myself for all of my other guns. I a waiting on the stuff to come in the mail so I can make them. Looks easy to do ;D