Author Topic: Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack - VIDEO  (Read 9367 times)

James Yeager

Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack - VIDEO
« on: April 18, 2009, 09:28:46 PM »

CHI_Survival

Re: Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack - VIDEO
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 08:06:31 AM »
I own this and it is a really nice bag, I use it for my EDC. It hold a hell of alot stuff.

Offline chris

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 09:51:11 AM »
Thanks for the video. I've been considering a carry pack. As it heats up in Texas, concealed carry becomes more of a pain in the hip.

Offline cohutt

• non semper erit aestas
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Don't Give Up Your Keys
    • Behind cohutt's Fence
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 10:22:49 AM »
I have the jumbo; a friend jokingly called in a "Murse" once then i showed him the full sized 1911 holstered in the "secret" compartment behind the main one.  His response was :where do you get these? lol

I have both the Jumbo and Fatboy versipacks.  I use the jumbo a lot more.  A couple of accessories that should be purchased with it at the universal ccw velco holster and some spare grimloc d-rings.  The holster snugs in to hold your pistol in an accessible ready position and provides a simple trigger guard.  The grimlocs are just cool liitlte accessories for hanging other stuff on the outside if needed.

The Fatboy isn't quite as versatile and doesn't have velcro in the gun compartment (it is an older one, maybe they come with velcro now?).  The biggest gun I can fit in it is a G19 but that is a little sung.   However sometimes the smaller size is more convenient so I use both, but mainly the Jumbo.

When you order your versipack from James (presumably Mr TR) order a "Keyper" too- it is my favorite Maxpedition gizmo.  It isn't really something that connects to the Versipacks but is handy on its own if you tend to misplace your keys and/or have several "sets" of keys to keep up with.

Offline PBRstreetgang

• Survivor
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 03:08:06 AM »
+1 on the Jumbo - the world needs more diaper bags with a CCW pouch.  Mine held baby formula, diapers, and an HK for a year.

Also recommended are Maxpedition's line of Gearslingers, especially for those looking for an alternative to the 'murse' configuration.  I've been using one of their Sitka Gearslingers for a couple months now and like it because it has a little more room than the Jumbo and sits higher on your torso like a backpack.  You can also rotate the bag from your back to your chest, allowing access to the compartments, without taking it off.  And it has a CCW pocket.

All in all, you can't go wrong with anything Maxpedition for EDC.  Very rugged construction and excellent customer service.

Sitka Gearslinger

Sitka Video Review

Offline product85

• Survivor
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 07:11:16 PM »
Waiting for mine to arrive....How is the holster accessory for ccw? didn't order that piece for starters but if i really like the pack i will consider it as another option for carry.

texas hiker

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 09:02:45 PM »
I have a couple of packs by Maxpedition, and would not own anything else.  The quality is really outstanding.

Offline chris

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 12:10:55 AM »
Not to thread jack, but anyone considering the Jumbo, but hesitant because of it's size, the Fatboy Versipack is a great choice. The Jumbo was a little bigger than I wanted, and the Manta was too small for a full size handgun. The Fatboy is big enough for a full size handgun, knife, wallet, Surefire 6PL, multi-tool, 3 spare magazines, Iphone, and some assundry small items.

Sorry for the thread jack.  ;)

Offline product85

• Survivor
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 02:44:11 PM »
Not to thread jack, but anyone considering the Jumbo, but hesitant because of it's size, the Fatboy Versipack is a great choice. The Jumbo was a little bigger than I wanted, and the Manta was too small for a full size handgun. The Fatboy is big enough for a full size handgun, knife, wallet, Surefire 6PL, multi-tool, 3 spare magazines, Iphone, and some assundry small items.

Sorry for the thread jack.  ;)

i bought the jumbo and i see what you mean by the overall size but i have to admit that the ability to make the nalgene pocket nearly disappear makes a big difference. i am not at all disappointed with it but if you weren't in the market for something that can reach the JUMBO size i could see where it would be a bit much.

If i develop a better relationship with my jumbo i might invest in a fatboy in the distant future

Offline Kilgor

• Senior Survivalist
    • Gardening and critter raising in the backyard.
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2009, 06:19:37 AM »
I have the jumbo and it is the perfect size for me. 

djturnz

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2009, 09:43:01 AM »
I have the Jumbo.  I ordered it with a pack of Grim-Locs, the holster, the 3loop magazine holder and the quick-ties (fast way to attach to the molle/pals webbing).

I have attached two of the grim-locs to the webbing on the outside through the groove in the main body of the d-ring.  This makes a quick carabiner point.

The holster, I hate it.  It is a velcrow plus sign and doesn't do much for me as far as inspiring confidence that it will hold my gun.  I have an XD45 Tactical and an XD9 Sub-compact.

I was keeping the 3loop holder in the CCW pocket with a knife, mini-maglite (tailcap and LED kit) and 2 chem-sticks.  I bought the universal holster from 5.11 for their back-up belt system.  It holds the XD9 fairly well.  I was experimenting with putting the holster on the velcro of the bag, and then putting the 3loop holder on the holster.  It probably won't pan out because the stuff in the loops sort of gets in the way when trying to get a good grip.  But I think the 5.11 holster is a much better option.

I am going to try to come up with a secure, descreet, yet quickly accessible way to mount one of the small expandable batons to my Jumbo.  The first thing I need to do is get one.  My full size (21") monadnok is a bit big, even fully collapsed (9" I think).

Offline Ragzilla

• Survivor
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 10:47:33 AM »
I have had one of these for a couple of weeks now.  Slowly figuring out where I want things to live in it.
I have had a few odd looks when I wear it.  The wife thinks it looks a little too much like a purse, but she is getting used to it.

Offline product85

• Survivor
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2009, 02:31:40 PM »
I have had one of these for a couple of weeks now.  Slowly figuring out where I want things to live in it.
I have had a few odd looks when I wear it.  The wife thinks it looks a little too much like a purse, but she is getting used to it.

i started with the first impression ridicule from coworkers but almost every day i get one of them turning on the idea and saying, "i kinda like the idea of that pack, i'm thinking of getting one myself"

they must be contagious

Offline AdamElk

• Prepper
  • Don't hate me because I'm beautiful...
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2009, 07:00:17 PM »
I too have a MJV in desert tan.  My wife calls it a murse (man purse).  Nevertheless, it holds a ton of stuff.  I load with a leatherman, minimag, compass, first aid, nalgene bottle, and various miscellanea.  I don't like the holster feature either and carry the murse weak side.  Strong side draw is a ParaOrdnance Warthog in a Galco ITP holster.  It's pretty much invisible with a tucked in shirt.  Maxpedition makes some quality gear and I'm contemplating what to pick up next.

Offline RonH2K

• Survivor
  • A little closer each day...
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2009, 07:16:57 PM »
Waiting for mine to arrive....How is the holster accessory for ccw? didn't order that piece for starters but if i really like the pack i will consider it as another option for carry.

The holster is good quality and works very well for me.  I have the Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack, the Maxpedition Aggressor Tactical Attache, and the Maxpedition Condor II Backpack.  I've purchased a holster for each rather than have to swap it in and out.  So yeah, I don't buy three (3) of too many things unless they're really something to talk about.

8)

Offline Hypntick

• Prepper
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2009, 12:40:50 PM »
Just wondering if buying one of these off ebay would be a good idea? Ships from inside the US so I don't think it's a knock off. They're a great looking bag, but I can't see spending 110 bucks total to have one of these. Not when i can get one for 75 on ebay shipped. Anyone know of anywhere else I could possibly find one cheaper? Thanks.

Offline RonH2K

• Survivor
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2009, 06:29:05 PM »
If you're talking about the vendor, EZEEDEAL, I've bought a bunch of Maxpedition gear from them.  5-star vendor on all of my dealings.  Fast shipping, too!

Offline TrashCanMan

• International Connection
  • Survivalist Mentor
  • UK Based Prepper
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2009, 06:49:04 PM »
I have one of these as my EDC bag on non-work days.  Excellent build quality and I discover a new pocket on a daily basis!

I would use it as my EDC on work days but for not being able to fit a laptop in.  Evenings and weekends, this is my bag of choice as it easily fits keys, camera, phone, wallet, baby related paraphenalia, you name it and is still comfortable to wear.

Offline RonH2K

• Survivor
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2009, 06:58:22 PM »
...and I discover a new pocket on a daily basis!

LOL!  I know!  Same here!

Offline product85

• Survivor
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2009, 04:15:37 PM »
Just wondering if buying one of these off ebay would be a good idea? Ships from inside the US so I don't think it's a knock off. They're a great looking bag, but I can't see spending 110 bucks total to have one of these. Not when i can get one for 75 on ebay shipped. Anyone know of anywhere else I could possibly find one cheaper? Thanks.

picked mine up for $65 shipped and it was new.....  Still love this thing too. amazed by the compliments i get at the gun shop

roof_top_eagle

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2009, 06:26:16 AM »
I'm gonna get one of these soon, they look great I've just recently got the Maxpedition CP-M, Single Sheath and M2 Waist pack and I am amazed by the quality and versatility.  Maxpedition has a customer for life from those three items...Can't wait to get my hands on a Jumbo!

Offline lzhome

• Prepper
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2009, 07:37:24 PM »
I have a Fatboy configured as a first aid bag but I may have to checkout the jumbo for more of a daily carry to work and back. Thanks for the post and I enjoyed the demo for the Strika also.

Offline outdoorman63

• Survivor
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2009, 10:59:19 AM »
i love their bags, i have 3 different ones, the jumbo, a fanny pack for hiking and a bag for work and used the jumbo for edc for a couple of weeks, but after being asked what firearm i was carrying inside it by several different people i finally quit carrying it, it goes back to when i had my fanny pack with the holster and then the vest, i dont want to advertise that i carry and it seems when any of those have been used it is assumed that i am carrying.

Offline Ragzilla

• Survivor
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2009, 07:56:00 PM »
i love their bags, i have 3 different ones, the jumbo, a fanny pack for hiking and a bag for work and used the jumbo for edc for a couple of weeks, but after being asked what firearm i was carrying inside it by several different people i finally quit carrying it, it goes back to when i had my fanny pack with the holster and then the vest, i dont want to advertise that i carry and it seems when any of those have been used it is assumed that i am carrying.

I am in Canada, I carry my Sony Ebook in the pistol carry pocket.
No one has ever asked me if I was carry a pistol in my jumbo.  Also a Canadian thing I guess.

Possenti2264

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2009, 10:24:13 AM »
I'm a fish about to bite. 

Here's the deal.  I'm 6'2" and a reliable 180 lbs soaking wet.  James Yeager is a bit...sturdier than me.  Does anyone of my proportion have any pics or videos wearing either the Fatboy or the Jumbo?  I'm concerned that either may end up being the same relative size as a backpack on a frame like mine.

roof_top_eagle

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2009, 10:30:54 AM »
I'm a fish about to bite. 

Here's the deal.  I'm 6'2" and a reliable 180 lbs soaking wet.  James Yeager is a bit...sturdier than me.  Does anyone of my proportion have any pics or videos wearing either the Fatboy or the Jumbo?  I'm concerned that either may end up being the same relative size as a backpack on a frame like mine.

You can get the Janus to extend it pretty well.  That's what I'll be doing....

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=394