Site Suggestions, Support and Resources > Industry Reviews

Why Dollar Tree is good for preppers

<< < (2/11) > >>

Count Orloff:
Dollar stores are a great place to buy generic bleach for around $1 a gallon. Bleach has an excellent shelf life and can be used to purify water, sterilize equipment and food preparation areas, as well as for general cleaning.

technicalanarchy:
Yep! Espessially bandages and med stuff. A lot on the brand stuff i prepped with starting in 2007 for my bob expired, to replace it would have been maybe. A couple hundred dollars. Got the dollare tree replacements for maybe 30 bucks. So im ready again.

If you ever find an Aldi grocery store it's heaven for low cost canned goods drinks and chips. Great quality too.

gundog:

--- Quote from: Count Orloff on January 14, 2012, 07:15:54 AM ---Dollar stores are a great place to buy generic bleach for around $1 a gallon. Bleach has an excellent shelf life and can be used to purify water, sterilize equipment and food preparation areas, as well as for general cleaning.

--- End quote ---

I believe the opposite is actually true. I have read that bleach does not last much past 6 months.....although I am no expert.

moprep4life:

--- Quote from: gundog on January 25, 2012, 04:32:28 AM ---I believe the opposite is actually true. I have read that bleach does not last much past 6 months.....although I am no expert.

--- End quote ---

I had read that recently also,  AFTER I had stocked quite a few jugs of it. I just opened a jug of it that I've had since September 2010 and that stuff seems even more potent than when new. I think it's like anything else & depends on a lot of different things as to how long it lasts. Temperature, light etc.

Dawgus:
There is only one Dollar Tree close to here, but we have the usual assortment of Family Dollar, Dollar General, and Deals. Yesterday, while at the grocery store, I noticed a huge "Clearance Sale" sign in the window of the Deals store in the same shopping center. It turns out that this store is closing, and everything is being marked down.
 I went in for a look, and everything in the medical isle was 75% off!! I grabbed a basket and filled it with bandages, med tape, alcohol, and generic ibuprofen, antibiotic ointment, and a few other misc items. The place was a zoo, but no one else seemed to be grabbing this stuff at all. They were all going for cheap dishes, pots & pans, and kitchen gadgets. YAY. More for me! I may go back today after work for a second basket full. (depending on what is left)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version