Farm, Garden and The Land > Gardening and Agriculture

Banking on an Emergency Seed Bank?

<< < (6/6)

TwoBluesMama:

--- Quote from: janinec on June 24, 2013, 05:10:49 AM ---I think this is a terrific post, it is so easy to think we can instantly master a skill based on what we have seen, heard or read or even on our own opinion. So thank you for posting this. I have been gardening for over a decade and every season I learn something new, like any art it is practice, practice, practice :)

Janine

--- End quote ---

I'll just add a big ditto to Janine's post. 

Plus as we are experiencing here in Colorado you just don't know what the weather is going to do - drought/too hot/too cold/hail and so forth so there is always the possibility for crop failure. I say learn now even if it's a tiny sq. ft. garden and preserve your surplus for tomorrow's rainy or not day.

janinec:
[quote Plus as we are experiencing here in Colorado you just don't know what the weather is going to do - drought/too hot/too cold/hail and so forth so there is always the possibility for crop failure. I say learn now even if it's a tiny sq. ft. garden and preserve your surplus for tomorrow's rainy or not day.
[/quote]

You are so very right there two blues Mamma, and if you save your seed, plants over five generations very quickly acclimatise to your local climate no matter what it may be. We have similar climate issues here in Melbourne, sometimes four seasons in one day!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version