Site Suggestions, Support and Resources > Industry Reviews

Whisper close toilet seats

(1/3) > >>

David in MN:
OK, before anything I am a jerk. I like my toilets CLOSED. Not the "seat down" women prefer but totally shut. It just looks better and abides my OCD. My wife has adapted to this and closes the lid and has found she prefers it as well.

Recently I was chatting with a plumber and he suggested "whisper close" or "quiet close" toilet seats. I bought one. For ~$30 you get a toilet seat that can't be slammed shut. It can be bumped and the resistance literally slows it down to a silent close. No longer will the toilet seat slip my hand at 4am. This is unbelievably great as a dropped toilet seat can wake a sleeping baby (ask me how I know). Now I merely throw the seat down and let the contraption work.

I know toilet seats aren't the greatest survival need but a quiet close seat and lid will make life better. After 2 months of one in our downstairs bathroom I put one in our upstairs bathroom. Consider this product if you want a quieter toilet.

Carl:
Is there a suppression devise for the noise I make while I am seated?

Smurf Hunter:
I own three of these.  When the kids were small, it was life changing.

archer:

--- Quote from: David in MN on September 22, 2015, 02:28:29 PM ---Recently I was chatting with a plumber and he suggested "whisper close" or "quiet close" toilet seats. I bought one. For ~$30 you get a toilet seat that can't be slammed shut. It can be bumped and the resistance literally slows it down to a silent close. No longer will the toilet seat slip my hand at 4am. This is unbelievably great as a dropped toilet seat can wake a sleeping baby (ask me how I know). Now I merely throw the seat down and let the contraption work.

--- End quote ---

one problem... when you go someplace w/o one, you start the lid forward and release your hand and it falls down with  a large bang!

Beetlebum:

--- Quote from: David in MN on September 22, 2015, 02:28:29 PM ---OK, before anything I am a jerk. I like my toilets CLOSED. Not the "seat down" women prefer but totally shut.

--- End quote ---

And keeps poorly stacked toiletries from a muck bath.... too...many...times :facepalm:

thanks for the review

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version