Author Topic: Moen Customer Service  (Read 3196 times)

nelson96

Moen Customer Service
« on: October 05, 2014, 06:50:09 PM »
My first impression of Moen customer service was NOT very good, but keep reading. . . .  We bought a Moen faucet for our kitchen when we remodeled about 4 years ago.  We recently noticed we had a leak under the sink and determined that it was coming from the cold water side of our control valve.  First I went to the retailer I bought it from to get a repair part but they said they "don't carry any, but no fear, Moen has a wonderful warranty service and they will help you out".  I asked for the part number and description of the part so that I could explain to Moen what part was the problem and went on my way.  When I got home I called Moen, only to find out that their hotline was not in service at the time.  So, I used their email correspondence provided on their website.  I explained the problem in a way that I thought would leave no doubt what part was the problem, I even gave them the part number and description of the part that was leaking.

Two days later I got an email response simply asking for a picture of the problem.  ???  In the meantime the spray wand started sticking open (spraying water) so when my wife sent the pictures she also described the problem with the spray wand.  The next day we got confirmation that a replacement spray wand was shipping out that day, but no mention of the original part we requested help with.

I emailed them again thanking them for the spray wand but asked why they didn't mention anything about the original isssue, the bigger problem.  A few days later without any response back from them we received the entire Moen faucet that we had purchased (an entire $250 kit).  Now we have a new backup everything (except the valve we used), including another spray wand.

I'm a Moen customer for life.

Offline Nicodemus

• HooHa Man! AKA Docs Whipping Boy
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Wake up and smell the cat food n your bank account
Re: Moen Customer Service
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 08:22:24 AM »
I like them too.

Moen customer support was great when I had trouble with (read as not a plumber) installation of one of their discontinued faucets that we got on ebay.

Offline skas

• Survivor
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 10:14:01 AM »
Another +1 for Moen.  After confirming the product we forgot to register was indeed theirs, they promptly sent out the appropriate replacement parts for a faucet at our old house.

Offline gpowers01

• Prepper
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 02:57:14 PM »
Just another data point:

We had a home built and all bathroom faucets are Moen.  All but one work quite well, and we have no other issues the last five years.  About two years ago, the back hallway bathroom (which is used only for guests a couple of times a year) faucet sprung a tiny (I mean tiny) leak in the copper tubing up inside the faucet.  Lucky for us, my wife had put a bunch of towels under the sink where the drip was falling, so only a few layers of towels remained wet until we found the leak.

Called Moen, explained what happened.  They asked for photos of the leak, and sent me out a new faucet.  Quick and simple.  As the op stated, they sent out the entire faucet and drain kit - which left us with spare parts.  Of which, we've not needed to use.  I couldn't ask for a better experience with their customer support!

Offline CharlesH

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Hope is a method...
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 07:28:25 PM »
I do love their customer service, but the faucet left something to be desired.  I don't know the model but it is a single handle job that you turn one way for cold and one way for hot.  The handle is raised to turn on water and the faucet is also a spray wand.  I love it's look but every 14-18 months the cartridge that is used to send hot/cold water to the faucet when you twist the handle develops a leak that starts as a cold water drip from the faucet.  Eventually it drips at any setting from hot to cold.  Then I call Moen and they immediately send a replacement.  I think we have had this faucet for about six years sand have replaced the cartridge 4 times.  Thank goodness it's a simple fix.