Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Modern Rifles, Shotguns and Carbines

Vortex and Konus optics?

<< < (3/5) > >>

goofyshooter:

--- Quote from: Gulo gulo on September 02, 2015, 01:17:59 AM ---.danimal is talking about the Vortex SPARC II

--- End quote ---

thanks i saw that after i posted

trekker111:
I haven't used the vortex reddot, but based on the quality of their long range optics, I wouldn't hesitate to give one a try.

I am currently using a vortex viper PST 4-16x50 EBR-1 MOA on a 308, and a matching scope in 6-24x50 on a 338 lapua mag, and they will run toe to toe with the leupold mark 4 ER/t. I have shot a Barret m82a1 with a vortex razor hd, and ot was comparable to the Schmidt & bender the marine corp is mounting on their m40a5.

If someone told me that vortex's reddot will hold it's own against an eotech or Aimpoint, I would believe it until I could prove it wrong.

What budget are you looking at because there are some models of eotech that can be had cheap, like $300, and it is IMO, the best sight platform for a short range AR setup.

StockDog:

You will not be disappointed with the vortex prism optics in  1x or 3x. The 3x is my next purchase for my FAL. 

Also look at the Hollosun tgat looks like a T1. 

I personally shoot a Bushnel 1x4 and a Bushnel 2x12.  I find them to be tough scopes with good glass.  I hunt,compete, and have them on my go to rifles. I am not talking about the Bushnel banner series. 

My bushy 1x4 is illuminated, has a quick throw lever, and is tough.  I picked it up used for $200. 

hackmeister:
I have an Eotech EXPS3-4, Vortex Strike Fire 2 and a Holosun 503c. All are great to varying degrees. I've been really digging the Holosun for the all around combination of price/weight/features. I'm planning on getting another for a different rifle. 

DrJohn:
I have a Razor on an AR-10 and I love it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version