Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Martial Arts, Unarmed Self Defense, Hand To Hand Combat, and Physical Fitness

finger problems due to stiff shoulder or similar non intuitive things

<< < (5/5)

AvenueQ:

--- Quote from: Frugal Upstate on December 10, 2017, 05:57:44 PM ---The VA gave me a TENS unit for my neck & back pain several years ago.  My understanding was that it helps with pain, but that it doesn't actually contribute to healing.  I'll have to research that more...

--- End quote ---

That was true in my case. It was important for me to get some aggressive therapy right after my hand surgery last year (the second in 2 years on the same spot), but my hand was too swollen and painful for them to be able to do much. The TENS helped with the pain enough that I was able to start therapy sooner. Once the pain went down, they stopped using it on me.

surfivor:
 I have been spending some money on this, but if it helps it will be worth it as I sometimes feel a little desperate. I just got this massage machine that they had a demo of at bed and bath. It seems pretty decent but may not be as good as a good human massage person

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-2681246/homedics-my-masseuse-app-controlled-massage-cushion-with-heat.jsp?ci_mcc=ci&utm_campaign=PERSONAL%20CARE&utm_medium=CSE&utm_source=google&utm_product=61755344&CID=shopping15&utm_campaignid=196833812&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9JHM3ZOB2AIVmoSzCh3u9AQmEAYYASABEgKq8fD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CPDdguGTgdgCFYiayAodh8MNxQ

=========

I also ordered a book for shoulder problems and some neck pillows that are smaller and better for travel than the one I have. There seems to be so many exercises to chose from. Some that I thought would be good, the woman I go to seemed to think otherwise. I am not totally sure on her viewpoint there either. The guy that wrote the book I just ordered is a trained and experienced physical therapist. The book is called "bullet proof your shoulder" and has good reviews

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version