Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Transportation

My journey to maintaining my own vehicles

<< < (5/71) > >>

theBINKYhunter:

--- Quote from: NWPilgrim on September 03, 2013, 02:41:49 AM ---Nice write up and photos on the brake job.  That is why I love disc brakes over drum brakes, they are so simple in design and repair.  Your write up illustrates that well.

--- End quote ---

thanks. my truck has drums in the rear and i haven't attempted to mess with those yet. i may be wrong, but i think i have seen that you can swap out the drums and replace with discs, i may look into that when the time comes.

oktheniknow:
Great posts.
On one of our vehicles have changed out the blinker several times. Always good to have extras around.
Wish the car repair manuals had photos as good as yours!
Needing to get some car ramps and may get jacks as well.

NWPilgrim:

--- Quote from: oktheniknow on September 03, 2013, 09:15:01 AM ---Wish the car repair manuals had photos as good as yours!

--- End quote ---

Amen!

What do Chilton's and others use to take photos a Brownie camera and super glare lights?  It always seems that one little part you are most interested in lies in pitch black contrast shadow.

Anyway, great photos WarriorHunter.

theBINKYhunter:

--- Quote from: oktheniknow on September 03, 2013, 09:15:01 AM ---Great posts.
On one of our vehicles have changed out the blinker several times. Always good to have extras around.
Wish the car repair manuals had photos as good as yours!
Needing to get some car ramps and may get jacks as well.

--- End quote ---

ramps would be a good idea for me... then i could essentially get the whole car off the ground if i needed too. i was going to get another set of jack stands but i had forgotten about those.

theBINKYhunter:

--- Quote from: NWPilgrim on September 03, 2013, 09:54:08 AM ---Amen!

What do Chilton's and others use to take photos a Brownie camera and super glare lights?  It always seems that one little part you are most interested in lies in pitch black contrast shadow.

Anyway, great photos WarriorHunter.

--- End quote ---

thanks, i figure the clearer i can make it the better. i actually bought a chiltons when at the store thinking the repair was going to be a cv boot but it wasn't. after i did the rotors i decided i'm going to return the manual for the exact reason you mentioned. the pictures aren't that great, and frankly i have been able to find everything i need on car forums, through google, or youtube. why pay 20 bucks for something else to clutter my garage when i can use the net.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version