Author Topic: Big and tall sleeping bags.  (Read 4120 times)

Offline Jayceratops

• Prepper
Big and tall sleeping bags.
« on: October 24, 2012, 10:18:55 AM »
Does anyone know where to gewt a b&t sleeping bag i find the standard sized ones a bit constricting and a tad short.I am looking for cold weather rating.I don't mind paying for quality but i am not a wealthy man either.Not looking for anything fancy...just a basic rectangle.A canadian store would be a bonus but i also have a mail box in the USA.

Grateful for any help  :)

Offline bartsdad

• Scrooge McDuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • We're Vikings, we have stubbornness issues.
    • SPAMMY Link
Re: Big and tall sleeping bags.
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 10:38:55 AM »
This is the one I ended up getting for Elk hunting in the mountains. I couldn't be happier. It is definitely bigger than your standard sized bag. ;)

Offline The Professor

• Tactical Skittle Assassin
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • All we have to do is create another universe
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 09:36:21 PM »
Also check out Wiggy's.  I have two of theirs.  Great items, if you can get over their self-promotion.

The Professor

Offline Winston Smith

• Prepper
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 09:52:43 PM »
I'm 5'7" and 280 lbs. so yeah, I need a bigger bag.  I have this one a quick indoor test, plenty of room and seems warm.  Just wish I could get the synthetic USGI bag only bigger...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004QJE1MO/ref=oh_details_o00_s02_i00

nelson96

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 12:25:57 AM »
This is the one I ended up getting for Elk hunting in the mountains. I couldn't be happier. It is definitely bigger than your standard sized bag. ;)

Looks like the same one I use for elk hunting, except mine has an integrated bag that you roll the bag in to and zip up for storage.  It's got a small zippered pocket on the inside too.  May not seem like a big deal, but it's a perfect place to keep my ear plugs so that my hunting partners don't keep me up with their snoring.  Plenty of room and stay plenty warm.  I do use a foam pad underneath (since I sleep on a cot) so that the cold air underneath doesn't get to me. . .  Sorry, don't remeber the brand or model.

Offline markl32

• Senior Survivalist
  • TSP Support Brigade member
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 10:22:00 AM »

REI has tall size sleeping bags.  I don't know about "big" though.  I have a REI brand zero degree bag in tall and a North Face 40 degree (summer) bag; both tall size and both purchased from a brick and mortar REI.  Both are synthetic as well. 

Offline The Professor

• Tactical Skittle Assassin
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • All we have to do is create another universe
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 04:09:14 PM »
I'm 5'7" and 280 lbs. so yeah, I need a bigger bag.  I have this one a quick indoor test, plenty of room and seems warm.  Just wish I could get the synthetic USGI bag only bigger...

You can.  Go go www.wiggys.com and look up the FTRSS.  This was the original system (and manufacturer) before the government  opened the contract up.  They have Regular Wide sizes available.

Th Professor

Offline kevo

• Survivor
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2012, 07:51:16 PM »
i'm 6'5" and almost down to 300. I purchased a Big Agnes Lost Ranger from REI several years ago. It's pretty roomy and comfortable. REI has a good selection of tall bags. most will be good for the big as well.