Community & Regional Connections > Region Seven

North Dakota - The Peace Garden State

<< < (2/15) > >>

Callmeacynic:
Ahh, North Dakota.  I loved my 6 years living in Grand Forks!  But not sure I could take the winters in my old age.  My knees don't like balmy Colorado!

Puukko56:
North Dakota's state slogan should be, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger". I've lived here all my life,except for four years in the USAF. There's nothing like shoveling snow for a hour or so to whip you into shape. Looks like I have 2 or 3 inches to move yet today.

Kara:
We got just a little bit of snow in Minot today, and then it warmed up and melted...blech!

Word has it that we are going to get blasted with arctic air this weekend. Good think we caulked and painted the window frames this fall.

I do hope you guys stay nice and toasty warm!

Puukko56:
Is anyone else getting a little tired of snow storms every weekend? We're upto over 35 inches of snow this year in the NE. Oh well 20 below keeps the riff raff out.

Kara:
lol...that's absolutely true. I keep reminding myself of the low crime rate every time we have heavy snow like this. I don't know what our total accumulation is here, but it can't be too far from what you have on the Eastern side. Driving around town is like driving through a big white canyon....if we get too much more, I can't imagine where we'll put it.

Yeah, it's getting old, and it's only just the beginning of January. It reminds me a lot of the winter of 96-97 before The Flood. It's a little scary that way. I hope we don't have a sudden thaw like we did that year. I lived at GFAFB during the last blizzard (Hannah) and then when the flood hit. Ouch.... I don't want to ever see anything like that again as long as I live.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version