Site Suggestions, Support and Resources > Show Discussions, Fan Mail and Topic Suggestions

e Reader Questions

(1/2) > >>

Prepper Rob:
Jack can you add the idea of a new show e readers ?

Tech. guys are most of the survival books that you would like to access when the internet is down after the event starts available in kindle or other ebook platforms ?

Prepper Rob, Louisville, Ky.

fritz_monroe:
Good idea Prepper Rob, but Jack seldom makes it over to the forums.  You should email him.

Mr. Bill:

--- Quote from: fritz_monroe on December 29, 2019, 09:54:25 AM ---...Jack seldom makes it over to the forums...

--- End quote ---

"Seldom" as in "last time was 8 months ago". 8)

My wife has a Kindle and an ancient Nook (Barnes & Noble).  The E-Ink displays are great for conserving battery charge; if you have a model with no backlighting they use nearly zero power except when loading a new page.

There are also good e-book reader apps for smartphones and tablets, so you're not tied to a particular platform.

Zillions of free (out-of-copyright) e-books are available online -- Project Gutenberg is a good source.  (Of course, illegal downloads of copyrighted stuff are available too, but we won't discuss that here.)  You do need a reader that allows "side-loading" (I believe that most do, but they may make it difficult).  Here's a how-to.

Bradbn4:
With the hardware I will recommend some real good software to go with that.

You can read a book on your ebook, tablet, or computer using calibre.  One of the best multi-platform software kits out there. Open source, can be used for free, tho they will be happy to take your money.

https://calibre-ebook.com/

Carver:

--- Quote from: fritz_monroe on December 29, 2019, 09:54:25 AM ---Good idea Prepper Rob, but Jack seldom makes it over to the forums.  You should email him.

--- End quote ---
There are quite a few that haven't been around for quite some time. I'm certainly not saying good riddance by any means, but being what it is, it is a different place and I like it and I'd like it if they were still around. I wandered off for awhile also.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version