Community & Regional Connections > The International Connection

The United Kingdom

<< < (22/25) > >>

Rosesandtea:
Hi Jericanman and anyone else that is new.  I've not been on in a long while, but was reminded very recently of the forum and so thought I'd pop in.    Welcome!

Jericanman, love your verse!

aman:
Hi there

I am from Cornwall in the far SW of the UK

I heard about the survival podcast through a thread about aquaponics on Prepared2Survive forum in the UK

I have become an avid daily listener ever since and I am slowly working my way though the back episodes.

I am mainly interested in the food production/storage, alternative energy and frugal living sides of the podcasts but it is good to listen to all jack has to say.

I am now enjoying exploring the forum as well an hope to get to know some of you better

Thanks

aman

Rosesandtea:

--- Quote from: aman on September 13, 2011, 06:06:47 PM ---Hi there

I am from Cornwall in the far SW of the UK

I heard about the survival podcast through a thread about aquaponics on Prepared2Survive forum in the UK

I have become an avid daily listener ever since and I am slowly working my way though the back episodes.

I am mainly interested in the food production/storage, alternative energy and frugal living sides of the podcasts but it is good to listen to all jack has to say.

I am now enjoying exploring the forum as well an hope to get to know some of you better

Thanks

aman

--- End quote ---

Hi Aman and welcome to the forum.   I haven't listened to Jack's podcasts for a while but they are very good.  There is a recent one I'd like to listen to now, on "unschooling".     

TomGood:
hiya all

i asked awhile back about trainning in the uk, and boy im glad i did. i finally got around to doing a couple of courses and i cannot recommend http://www.woodsmoke.uk.com/  enough... seriously these guys and gals really know there stuff.

i only wish that i had attended them earlier as it would have saved me soo much money in not buying useless and actually some dangerous kit. really guys there are some things out there that are plain dangerous for normal hiking let alone if things got "serious". prime example those stupid surivial straws...

i would truely recommend them to anyone regardless of previous experience, regardless of what you think you know these lot can teach you a hell of a lot. (some serious military people were on some course and they gave amazing feedback).. as well as old ladies, house wives, you name it.....

<disclaimer> i am in no way affliated / employeed or otherwise linked to woodsmoke <disclaimer> i dont know about the other courses/places recommended to me and i might get around to them someday but for now i am more than happy with the woodsmoke place and people and will deffo be going back for more.. 

cant recommend them enough..

take cares

tom

Ada:
Hey, UK! I'm going to London, is there any where I can get mylar bags and o2 absorbers in london (: ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version