Community & Regional Connections > Region Seven

Colorado nurseries

(1/1)

climberpilot:
Do any of you have a local plant nursery that is actually propagating their own stock? I've been to a couple in my area, and these guys are basically warehouse workers. I'm looking to plant a few trees this fall as well as a couple woody perennials and I'd sure like to buy them from someone who can  tell me more than I can read on the tag.

Bradbn4:

--- Quote from: climberpilot on September 29, 2014, 05:19:38 AM ---Do any of you have a local plant nursery that is actually propagating their own stock? I've been to a couple in my area, and these guys are basically warehouse workers. I'm looking to plant a few trees this fall as well as a couple woody perennials and I'd sure like to buy them from someone who can  tell me more than I can read on the tag.

--- End quote ---

If you are in Colorado Springs this location is worth at least looking into.

a snipit from the website below

Our knowledgeable sales staff can help you with all of your plant and landscape questions and can give you pamphlets or handouts that specifically explain answers to problems you may have. Each year, we offer how-to seminars that are free to the public.  The seminars cover numerous topics such as how to plant, plant care, gardening, year round color, and landscaping your property.  Colorado has a challenging climate to grow in but the plants we carry do well in our area.

http://www.hardingnursery.com/about/default.html

Insert the standard disclaimer; nope don't work for them, etc.  I just see there tree farms around town and figured you might be interested.

The Professor:
Uh, Colorado is a big place.

Can you be a bit more specific as to where you are?

The Professor

endurance:
You might want to contact Jerome at CRMPI http://crmpi.org and see what he has available. I have a few great varieties from him. His gooseberries are the best I've found, bar none.

climberpilot:
Oops, sorry. I'm in Elbert on the eastern plains.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version